Unlock Formula 1 Race Edits (279437)

Request & discuss changes to series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
This forum is now read-only. Support for TheTVDB.com is now available at https://support.thetvdb.com/ We also have a Knowledgebase which includes site rules and tips at https://support.thetvdb.com/kb/
chris7r

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:15 pm

Just adding another request to this list.

In my opinion and ofcourse I can't speak for everyone, but what is important is the race. Pre-race, practice, qualifying really doesn't matter much. In Motorsports its the race that pays the points and the at the end ultimately decides the champion.
I would like to keep F1 and MotoGP updated and listed. The network again is not of too much importance as you mentioned above there are too many networks to list but just the data of the race schedule being correct with the correct naming is really the crux of what I would imagine most users using this database would want.

Anyway for us to keep these categories updated in some method would be great. Thanks for all the work put in.
Cheers
b5s4saleioh

Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:55 pm

IMO, the actual race dates are 'static' dates, and doesn't really matter what date they air on other networks.
I'm not a mod, and the series is locked (understandably), so I don't have access to update. I volunteered to add 2019 and 2020 race episodes, but not sure how to go about it now?
Gilly
Site Moderator

Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:30 am

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience on this one. We have now determined and agreed on a way to include F1 on the site, so an entry for Formula 1 has been created.

For seasons 2018 onwards, F1TV will be used as the official network. All Practice, Qualifying and Race sessions have been included in our entry as these are part of the official event each weekend and are broadcast live in their entirety on F1TV. Pre-season testing for Seasons 2019 and 2020 has also been included for this reason.

As all Practice, Qualifying and Race sessions were also aired live on multiple networks (e.g Sky Sports, NBC/ESPN) between 2012 and 2017, these will also be added when I have time. I've locked Seasons 2018, 2019 and 2020 as these are considered complete, but I haven't locked the entry at series level incase anyone is willing to help me add previous seasons. Please note, as these were not aired on F1TV, the network field for these "episodes" should be left blank.

For seasons prior to 2012, it is extremely important to remember that we are a TV database, not a sports database. We will therefore only be listing sessions that aired on TV. My research shows all qualifying and race sessions from 1996 onwards were aired live on at least British television. F1 Digital also broadcast practice sessions between July 1996 and the end of the 2002 season so all of these sessions will be permitted. Other sessions may be added if a legitimate source can be provided that shows they aired on TV.

With regard to individual pre-race build up and post race analysis on the various networks around the World, these will be allowed if the network lists them as separate "shows" to the main race. For example, please see this screenshot which shows Sky Sports pre-race build up (Grand Prix Sunday) and post race analysis (Chequered Flag) listed as separate shows to the main race. I've therefore created entries for Grand Prix Sunday and Chequered Flag accordingly. This process should be followed for similar shows in other countries if desired.

I'll delete Formula 1 Race Edits once we've added previous seasons to the new entry.

Other sports are still not allowed but can be discussed on a case by case basis.

Thanks
leolonghi

Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:40 pm

Gilly wrote:
For seasons prior to 2012, it is extremely important to remember that we are a TV database, not a sports database. We will therefore only be listing sessions that aired on TV. My research shows all qualifying and race sessions from 1996 onwards were aired live on at least British television. F1 Digital also broadcast practice sessions between July 1996 and the end of the 2002 season so all of these sessions will be permitted. Other sessions may be added if a legitimate source can be provided that shows they aired on TV.
So, basically, it is ok to add any part of the event (the official ones) as long as we can prove they were broadcasted on at least one network, right?
Good to know.
Gilly
Site Moderator

Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:22 am

leolonghi wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:40 pm
Gilly wrote:
So, basically, it is ok to add any part of the event (the official ones) as long as we can prove they were broadcasted on at least one network, right?
Good to know.
Ultimately yes, but I'd prefer full seasons to be added if possible, working backwards from 2018, rather than someone just adding, for example, a single race to the 1996 season or whatever.
leolonghi

Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:50 pm

Gilly wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:22 am
Ultimately yes, but I'd prefer full seasons to be added if possible, working backwards from 2018, rather than someone just adding, for example, a single race to the 1996 season or whatever.
Sure, that was just to be sure
of course the best is to start from now and go on backwards
b5s4saleioh

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:50 pm

Thanks for updating Formula1 (387219) and MotoGP (81083) with current episodes!!
It's greatly appreciated :-)