Mysteries of the Abandoned (series ID 326691) - dups in season 3

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules before posting, especially regarding Specials, remakes & reboots, and sources of truth.
Be sure to link to the series/episode page on TheTVDB, as well as your Sources of Truth for
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Please note that episode images cannot be replaced by regular users. To replace an image, create a post and link to both the exact episode and the replacement image (use imgur or similar) and a moderator will replace the image for you.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
PaulC

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:02 pm

Checked against original broadcaster Science Channel 'full episodes' VoD list:
https://www.sciencechannel.com/tv-shows ... abandoned/

...and Philo Video on Demand listing:
https://philo.com/l/w56jr/RTGQ2HQP

(also correlates to episode listing on Wikipedia, though that's not justification ;) )
ChristyEzzell

Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:42 pm

So you would like Nazi Death Star moved to Specials? Philo isn't an official source, but I agree it shouldn't be in Season 3. I've deleted Twisted Relics.
PaulC

Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:45 pm

I've had a good dig around for 'Nazi Death Star, and can't find a consistent season or episode for it. However, with a bit of deduction, it does seem to be an episode.

Looking at the air dates, it looks like the Science Channel transmitted new episodes of Season 3 on Tuesdays, and Specials were transmitted on Saturdays. Which confirms that 'Twisted Relics' is a special, but would also mean 'Nazi Death Star' was a regular episode (transmitted on Tuesday, 11/27/2018), after 'S03E07 The Town That Disappeared' on Tuesday, 11/20/2018, and before 'S03E08 The Real Shawshank' on Tuesday, 12/04/2018.

This contradicts the episode list on the Science Channel web site, which does not include 'Nazi Death Star' in any of the seasons. I'm beginning to think this is an omission on their part.

If I were to renumber the episodes in chronological order, we'd have:
S03E07 The Town That Disappeared' (11/20/2018)
S03E08 'Nazi Death Star' (11/27/2018)
S03E09 'The Real Shawshank' (12/04/2018).
S03E10 'Secrets of Alien Stonehenge' (12/11/2018)

Even though I have yet to find an official source that corroborates that list, the air dates and day-of-week transmitted all points to that being the 'correct' sequence, despite what the Science Channel has in their 'full episodes' list.

So I'll go ahead and renumber as above, unless that is an issue? most of the sources I've looked at corroborate the other seasons, it's just season 3 that seems to be 'missing' this episode.
ChristyEzzell

Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:24 pm

We need to stick to the Science Channel site listing for S3 until we can find further documentation from another approved source that this "Nazi Death Star" is an actual episode. I can put "Nazi Death Star" as a Special based on your research, but renumbering specials would break other user's libraries, so it would have to go after "Doomsday Ghost Town."