I Love Lucy Colorized Collection

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules before posting, especially regarding Specials, remakes & reboots, and sources of truth.
Be sure to link to the series/episode page on TheTVDB, as well as your Sources of Truth for
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Please note that episode images cannot be replaced by regular users. To replace an image, create a post and link to both the exact episode and the replacement image (use imgur or similar) and a moderator will replace the image for you.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
ng15du

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:15 pm

A new DVD was released with colorized versions of I Love Lucy. There is currently already a "I Love Lucy Colorized Specials" in the database, but I don't know where it came from. I can't seem to find it anywhere online. This new release has a different name, more episodes, and are in a different order. Originally I thought to just add the ones that aren't currently in the database, but I'm thinking that's not the right way to do it. Should I create a new series instead?

Current entry: "I Love Lucy Colorized Specials"
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/i-love-l ... d-specials

New DVD: "I Love Lucy Colorized Collection":
https://www.amazon.com/I-Love-Lucy-Colo ... 07SNNQ31Y/
Equinox
Site Moderator

Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:41 am

Looks like the "I Love Lucy Colorized Specials" entry has been deleted (and rightfully so).

Unfortunately, as far as I know, the newly-released colorized versions of the I Love Lucy episodes to not belong in our database. I will leave this thread open for discussion in case I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this falls under the same umbrella as re-cuts/re-releases which we do not allow.

A rare exception for re-cuts has been made in the past for Netflix's official alternate version ("remix") of Arrested Development's fourth season, which we allowed to be listed in the Specials season — but this is not the same case here.
ng15du

Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:42 pm

@Equinox - Thanks for the reply. How can they be added properly so that Plex will pick them up? Should they be under the Specials section of the actual "I Love Lucy" show?
ng15du

Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:59 pm

@Equinox - Thanks for the reply. How can they be added properly so that Plex will pick them up? Should they be under the Specials section of the actual "I Love Lucy" show? It looks like that's what people have been doing. CBS has been slowly releasing colorized versions bit by bit. Each new DVD collection has a few more in it. Can we get the Specials section of I Love Lucy updated so it has all the colorized episodes? Here's the full list of what they've released:

* Christmas Show (already listed in Specials as Episode 2)
* Lucy Goes to Scotland (already listed in Specials as Episode 14)
* Lucy's Italian Movie (already listed in Specials as Episode 16)
* Job Switching (already listed in Specials as Episode 20)
* L.A. At Last
* Lucy and Superman
* Lucy Does a TV Commercial
* Lucy Visits Grauman's
* Lucy and John Wayne
* Lucy Gets In Pictures
* The Dancing Star
* Lucy and Harpo Marx
* The Fashion Show
* Pioneer Women
* The Million Dollar Idea
* Bonus Bucks
ng15du

Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:38 pm

Can an administrator unlock I Love Lucy (Series ID ID70584) so I can add some newly released specials?
rev.pragon

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:33 am

No we don´t unlock.

Provide the Infos you wont and Informations and we will add it.
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.