"Somewhere In London" & "#swil" Duplicate Shows

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
mupet0000

"Somewhere In London" & "#swil" Duplicate Shows

Postby mupet0000 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:51 am

Hello,

I've been adding some information to the show #swil when I realised that it has been added to TVDB twice. This show is a YouTube show called "Somewhere In London" but the official abbreviation is #swil and it is known as both.

The show therefore has two listings, under 339958 & 338847.

Can they be merged into one?

Thanks.

ChristyEzzell

Re: "Somewhere In London" & "#swil" Duplicate Shows

Postby ChristyEzzell » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:03 pm

Do you have a network listing for this show? It may help identify which we should use. Additionally, we will use an alises in the new site to help identify both shows.

mupet0000

Postby mupet0000 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:51 pm

As far as I am aware, the show is exclusively on YouTube, the best I can do is provide you with the link to the show:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 24TfgqdG_S

I would suggest that the full show name is "Somewhere in London" and the alias is "#swil".

ChristyEzzell

Postby ChristyEzzell » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:28 pm

In the new site we should have searchable series by alias. I'm inclined to leave this as is for now, until we can launch the new site. And users can find both, but if you feel strongly I can move it into duplicates.

Somewhere in London has a lower ID - 338847 than #swil - 339958, so per our policy we would keep "Somewhere in London."

Equinox
Site Moderator

Postby Equinox » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:36 pm

So we've merged the duplicates pretty much, but I'm hesitant to delete #SWIL just yet because I worry someone would just create it again if they couldn't find it in search. So for now it stays until V3 launches and brings aliases back (which means the #SWIL alias will come up in search leading to the 338847 record). This is the series to maintain:
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/338847