Felix The Cat season deletion

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
petestinkz-49

Felix The Cat season deletion

Postby petestinkz-49 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:55 am

Hello

I noticed today that the series, Felix The Cat, has a lot of duplicate episodes & incorrectly numbered episodes. For example, "Season 1958" should actually be Season 1959 if you look at the episode release dates on Wikipedia. Season 1958 should not exist at all!

And the current listings for Season 1959 are each 3 episodes combined, so those all need to be deleted.
Example: "Season 1959 - Episode 1 = The Magic Bag / Into Outer Space / Abominable Snowman"

In the end, Season 1959 should have each individual episode in the Wikipedia list(which is correct) as it's own episode in TVDB, with the respective air date. It looks like the current season 1958 has the list correct so it should be renamed to 1959, and the current 1959 should be deleted in full.

I am happy to do the work if given access or I can answer any more questions you may have.

Cheers

petestinkz-49

Re: Felix The Cat season deletion

Postby petestinkz-49 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:02 am

I am unable to edit my post, but this my be more clear.

In the end, Season 1959 and 1960 should have each individual episode in the Wikipedia list as it's own episode in TVDB, with the respective air date. Season 1959 should list episodes #1 - #31 and the remainder of the list should be in season 1960. The current seasons 1959 + 1960 should be deleted in full for having combinations of episodes.

Equinox
Site Moderator

Postby Equinox » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:26 am

Hi Pete,

Unfortunately, Wikipedia is not an accepted source here. It may sometimes be good as support, but since Wikipedia can be modified by anyone, we don't trust it enough to change anything based solely on information found on Wikipedia.
You can find a list of acceptable sources here.
If you can provide a different source to corroborate your claims, we'd love to help with this.

petestinkz-49

Postby petestinkz-49 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:47 am

Equinox wrote:Hi Pete,

Unfortunately, Wikipedia is not an accepted source here. It may sometimes be good as support, but since Wikipedia can be modified by anyone, we don't trust it enough to change anything based solely on information found on Wikipedia.
You can find a list of acceptable sources here.
If you can provide a different source to corroborate your claims, we'd love to help with this.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0278192/

IMDB link above can be used if you look at Season 1 and Season 2, as Seasons 1958 and 1959. However, the episode release dates are only years on IMDB so those will still have to come from the Wikipedia list. The release dates in wikipedia list align with the dates associated with each individual shorts, as per https://www.bcdb.com/cartoons/Other_Stu ... x_the_Cat/. That is a much more reputable source and they match.

TV.com, TVguide are very messed up for this show and should not be used.

petestinkz-49

Postby petestinkz-49 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:47 am

Hello

It has been a few days since I posted more reputable sources to back up my claims. Is there anything else I can do to move this along?

Thank you!

Equinox
Site Moderator

Postby Equinox » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi,

I see your point — Season 1959 and Season 1960 episodes exist in Season 1958, except in the later seasons the segments within the same broadcast are grouped into one episode (rather than split), which is against our policy. However, I am hesitant to delete these two seasons now before we have the tools to add the DVD Order to Season 1958.
I've discussed it with the staff and we're figuring out a solution, which we'll be able to implement once the new version of the site is released (in the coming weeks). Please be patient and we will get back to you.

petestinkz-49

Postby petestinkz-49 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:05 pm

Equinox wrote:Hi,

I see your point — Season 1959 and Season 1960 episodes exist in Season 1958, except in the later seasons the segments within the same broadcast are grouped into one episode (rather than split), which is against our policy. However, I am hesitant to delete these two seasons now before we have the tools to add the DVD Order to Season 1958.
I've discussed it with the staff and we're figuring out a solution, which we'll be able to implement once the new version of the site is released (in the coming weeks). Please be patient and we will get back to you.

There were no episodes produced in 1958. This show was not being produced again until 1959, so season 1958 should not exist regardless of anything. I patiently await your reply after the new site. Also, I will personally create the correct 'DVD order' of 1959 if need be.