Fixing & Recombinating Dimension 20

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
hppavilion1

Fixing & Recombinating Dimension 20

Postby hppavilion1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:19 pm

So the Dropout show Dimension 20 was entered into the database as two series - Dimension 20 - Fantasy High and Dimension 20 - Escape from the Bloodkeep

This was incorrect; Dimension 20 is a single series, with Fantasy High as Season 1 and Escape from the Bloodkeep as Season 2 (plus the just-started Unsleeping City as Season 3).

I have confirmed this fact with the network/studio in an email chain I can reproduce if requested.

I have copied all information from Escape from the Bloodkeep to the Fantasy High series (because I believe that will be the easiest way to fix the database), putting the episodes in Season 02, as the studio confirmed was correct. I have been careful to copy all the information, including actors, any translations (there weren't any), directors, et cetera.

Now, I just need to clean up the database- which requires moderator permissions. So I just need someone with the privileges to do the following two things:
  1. Delete the redundant series Dimension 20 - Escape from the Bloodkeep from the database.
  2. Rename the series Dimension 20 - Fantasy High to just "Dimension 20", as is correct. (the tag for the series is also just "fantasy-high", so it should be changed to "dimension-20" if possible)

Thanks for the great database!

(I don't believe I've done anything wrong, but if I have, please tell me so I can not do it in the future)

hppavilion1

Re: Fixing & Recombinating Dimension 20

Postby hppavilion1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:35 pm

UPDATE: Looking at the site further, I have EXTRA SOURCES on the season breakdown: The episodes literally say "season 2" and "season 3" beneath them in certain contexts, it's just not always visible. So I can also screenshot those to show them if you want more proof.

hppavilion1

Postby hppavilion1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:36 pm

Also, I've added the first (and thus far only—it came out yesterday) episode of Unsleeping City to Season 03 of the Fantasy High page.

hppavilion1

Postby hppavilion1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Turns out I can edit the title myself; who knew?

Equinox
Site Moderator

Postby Equinox » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:36 am

Hi there,

Good on you for copying all the data and making this very easy :)

Please provide screenshots of your email correspondence with the studio/network which confirms your claims, and I'd be happy to delete Escape from the Bloodkeep. (Next time you can just include the proof in your post to begin with…)

PS: The new version of the site (slated for release very soon) will introduce support for season names, which will be great for a show like this.

hppavilion1

Postby hppavilion1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:43 am

Equinox wrote:snip

Sorry it took me so long, here's the email from Dropout's unbelievably fantastic support: https://i.imgur.com/uMgMKJJ.png

And here's an image from the site displaying that Unsleeping City is season 3, which implies that Escape from the Bloodkeep is season 2 by Process of Elimination: https://i.imgur.com/EjoSVK3.png

hppavilion1

Postby hppavilion1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:46 am

BTW, reading the site directly, the specials are actually just considered episodes of their respective seasons (so e.g. Dropout lists Fantasy High: Behind the Scenes, which is s00e01 here, as s01e18; treating them as specials makes more sense, but I feel I should let you know in case it should be changed.)

hppavilion1

Postby hppavilion1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:52 am

...also, while checking Dropout, I saw what I thought was a new episode based on the fact that it hadn't appeared on the site before, but was actually not, meaning that s00e04 needs to be deleted because it's the same as s00e03. Sorry :/

Equinox
Site Moderator

Postby Equinox » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:00 am

Thanks!
I've deleted the separate entry for Escape from the Bloodkeep (ID 363303), which is a duplicate.
Also, I've changed the URL slug for Dimension 20 (ID 354216) from "fantasy-high" to "dimension-20":
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/dimension-20
When V3 goes live, you'll be able to add a title for each season, like I did with American Horror Story.

Equinox
Site Moderator

Postby Equinox » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:01 am

hppavilion1 wrote:...also, while checking Dropout, I saw what I thought was a new episode based on the fact that it hadn't appeared on the site before, but was actually not, meaning that s00e04 needs to be deleted because it's the same as s00e03. Sorry :/

Done!