It's Me or the Dog season reordering

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
scfreed

It's Me or the Dog season reordering

Postby scfreed » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:34 pm

Hi,

In "It's Me or the Dog", Season 5 should actually be Season 7, and Season 6 should actually be Season 8. Also, all of the episodes that don't have original air dates should be deleted.

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/its-me-or-the-dog
Series ID: 83288

See https://positively.com/tv/its-me-or-the-dog/episode-guide/ for more information (Victoria Stilwell's own website).

Thanks

ChristyEzzell

Re: It's Me or the Dog season reordering

Postby ChristyEzzell » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:22 pm

We would likely need to go off of the Animal Planet website listings for this show I believe and it appears the series needs a significant amount of work, unless you disagree that Animal Planet was not the original network to air the series? I assume you agree that episode 11 of Season 4 can be deleted? Not seeing it on the website.

https://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/i ... r-the-dog/

scfreed

Postby scfreed » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:22 pm

It's a bit ambiguous. It could be considered one series or two series. It aired on Channel 4 in the UK for 4 seasons, then came over to the US and aired on Animal Planet for 4 seasons. So, it could be considered one series with 8 seasons, or two different series, each with 4 seasons. I don't care which route is taken, but the current state is that it is all combined into one except that some seasons are missing, and other seasons are not labeled right. I'm happy to do some work to fix it, but there are lots of things I can't do since I'm not a moderator.

As a side note, the reason why I linked the source I did is because Victoria Stilwell was the star of the show, and that site had all of the episodes listed in the guide (both UK and US seasons).

ChristyEzzell

Postby ChristyEzzell » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:07 pm

Okay, if we are to reorder it we need to establish which network aired it first. Would you like me to delete episode 11 of Season 4? I can at least start with that.

scfreed

Postby scfreed » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:02 am

Okay, here is what I think needs to happen. This series needs to get split into two series: It's Me or the Dog (UK), which aired on Channel 4 in the UK, and It's Me or the Dog (US), which aired on Animal Planet. (Side note: IMDB has it organized this way as well - tt0482295 and tt1011549)

So what needs to be done with the existing series is as follows:
- Change name to existing series to "It's Me or the Dog (UK)"? (Since this is the original, maybe we don't need to change the name?)
- Remove S03E08-E11
- Remove S04E13
- Move Seasons 5 and 6 to new "It's Me or the Dog (US)" Seasons 3 and 4

scfreed

Postby scfreed » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:15 am

Actually, I just found that the other series already exists, although it didn't show up when I searched for "It's Me or the Dog".

So, Seasons 5 and 6 should just be removed completely instead of moved to a different series.