The 100's season 6 new characters

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
Panda22Q

The 100's season 6 new characters

Postby Panda22Q » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:49 am

I was wondering if someone could upload the new characters since season 6 has premiered a month ago new characters have been introduced and I think it would be good if someone adds the more important ones that appear in several episodes (Russell, Xavier, Simone, Josephine, Gabriel) and even the recurring characters with more relevance (Delilah Ryker, Kaylee, Jade, Blythe Ann, Miranda)

Sources

IMDB:https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_tt_cl_sc
The 100's season 6 wikia: https://the100.fandom.com/wiki/Season_Six

Equinox
Site Moderator

Re: The 100's season 6 new characters

Postby Equinox » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:46 am

Hi there,

My understanding is that these are recurring characters and the actors are not billed as series regulars.
Right now I don't see fit to add them – though another mod might disagree – but in any case, you'd probably like to know that in the new site (coming soon!) guest starring characters will be featured at the episode level.

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Postby ByteShare » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:58 am

Equinox wrote:Hi there,

My understanding is that these are recurring characters and the actors are not billed as series regulars.
Right now I don't see fit to add them – though another mod might disagree – but in any case, you'd probably like to know that in the new site (coming soon!) guest starring characters will be featured at the episode level.

It is okay to add actors that come up from time to time, just don't mark them as a "Featured Actor"
Featured Actor: "Select this if the actor is featured in the majority of episodes for this series."
But yes, if they only show up once as a "Guest Stars" then they'd only be added per that episode.
Hope that helps.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:54 pm

I am with Equinox. We do not add actors with pictures unless they are regulars or appear in a majority of a series or even a season. Guest actors and actors who only appear in a few episodes, no matter how important they are to a story line, should be added to the episodes they appear. Simply appearing more than once is really not enough, as the actor page should give a clear sense of the cast of the series.

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Postby ByteShare » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Imzadi wrote:I am with Equinox. We do not add actors with pictures unless they are regulars or appear in a majority of a series or even a season. Guest actors and actors who only appear in a few episodes, no matter how important they are to a story line, should be added to the episodes they appear. Simply appearing more than once is really not enough, as the actor page should give a clear sense of the cast of the series.

Then we should make clear the difference between what a Featured Actor, Actor, and Guest Star is.
The only one that is clear to me is the Featured Actor that defines it when adding an actor.

Featured Actor: "Select this if the actor is featured in the majority of episodes for this series."

A "Guest Stars" should be someone that doesn't have a reoccurring character and an Actor is someone that has a reoccuring character but can also be noted as a Guest Star in individual episodes.

What is the best way ruling on this so that we can set a standard?

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:28 pm

The difference between actor and featured actor is simply that an actor could have been a series regular for only part of series. Or a recurring character for more than a just few episodes. It's not the point of the actor page for a series of 100 episodes to list someone who was in five episodes. They belong as actors in the episodes they appeared. That is my understanding and how we handled it.

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Postby ByteShare » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:33 pm

We should have a definition then for when a guest star breaks into Actor status, such as 30% of episodes, just so there is no gray area.

``It's not the point of the actor page for a series of 100 episodes to list someone who was in five episodes.``
That is a good point, as a longer running series might see what is a guest star a little different and a series that only ran 10 episodes, or would change over time as it kept running/re-launched/etc...

I know with Doctor Who it can be complicated as well, which is why a clear way to make a decision makes sense to me.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:40 pm

I am sure that will be handled with the new site. But adding guest stars we a few episodes to the actors page instead of the episode would defy how the future actors page will be handled. And of course how it was done since the site started.

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Postby ByteShare » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:23 am

Imzadi wrote:I am sure that will be handled with the new site. But adding guest stars we a few episodes to the actors page instead of the episode would defy how the future actors page will be handled. And of course how it was done since the site started.

I agree, but I thought we were talking about more than a few 2-5 episodes.

Equinox
Site Moderator

Postby Equinox » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:35 am

For The 100, this is the principal cast list according to The CW's press release:
Eliza Taylor as Clarke
Paige Turco as Dr. Abby Griffin
Bob Morley as Bellamy
Marie Avgeropoulos as Octavia
Lindsey Morgan as Raven
Richard Harmon as Murphy
Tasya Teles as Echo
Shannon Kook as Jordan

Therefore I am closing this now.
Panda22Q — soon when the new version of the site is released you'll be able to add these actors at the episode level.
IMHO, if they were billed as series regulars for Season 6, it would be legitimate to add them as actors (albeit not featured actors). But they don't seem to be.