Ridiculousness - s14

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
Equinox
Site Moderator

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:38 pm

Mistywing wrote:I emailed MTV.com and received no reply. They don't seem interested in correcting their website either.
At this point whom do you trust except the secondary source?
I didn't use MTV.ca because they have different lists for the earlier seasons than MTV.com.
For example:
Season 4 has an episode numbering offset of one between MTV.com and MTV.ca
Season 5 has 20 episodes on MTV.com, 18 on MTV.ca (we have 18)
Season 7 is completely missing on MTV.ca
etc.
You just can't win. So I went with the secondary source because the official sites are conflicting and a mess (IMO.)

But if you feel you can make a better decision, go ahead.
Didn't mean to sound like I was undermining your opinion. And I'm not going to touch this for the time being; I was just participating in the discussion.
Like you said you just can win here. MTV.ca felt like the next best thing to me, and the way they had Season 14 seemed to make sense and get us out of the jam… but of course it's not 100% certain. I don't think TV Guide is reliable enough here that we can go off of their listings alone, so for now I don't think there's anything we can do. It really sucks that MTV's website is such an embarrassment.
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:02 pm

Don't worry, I didn't take it that way at all. In fact I prefer discussing things like this but it's difficult to set things right in the current situation.
JohnJohnson

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:16 am

Here we go again - https://www.thetvdb.com/series/ridiculo ... seasons/14
For some reason, "Chanel and Sterling CXXX" have been placed as S14E11 on TVDB.
This is a mistake, since YesTV(those guys,u know;)) and various other sites haven't come to that episode yet.
Also-The roman number 'CXXX' is '130', and considering that S14E10 is "Chanel and Sterling CXVII", and 'CXVII' is the roman number '117', it then makes no sense that 13 episodes with Chanel and Sterling have been lost or never been broadcasted between ep10 and ep11.

I hope this makes sense to some clever moderator out there, that can see thru' all this bs somehow :)
JohnJohnson

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:23 am

Small update (couldn't edit post):
OK. I see now that even MTV have it all messed up. What is wrong with them?! :D Why would they broadcast Chanel & Sterling 130, before Chanel & Sterling 118, 119, 120 etc. - It's so stupid!
https://www.mtv.ca/shows/ridiculousness ... ing-cxvii/
https://www.mtv.ca/shows/ridiculousness ... ling-cxxx/
ourcore

Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:57 pm

So, mtv.com finally added a season 14 episode and they're listing "VMA Moments" as episode 28, which is listed as episode 33 here. The air date matches, though. Their listings for S13E40 and S13E30 also match, but S13E16 doesn't. What're the sources for previous seasons?
Technobob

Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:02 pm

ourcore wrote:So, mtv.com finally added a season 14 episode and they're listing "VMA Moments" as episode 28, which is listed as episode 33 here. The air date matches, though. Their listings for S13E40 and S13E30 also match, but S13E16 doesn't. What're the sources for previous seasons?
S14 was renumbered to MTV.ca I restored it back to MTV.com but then the user went back in again and renumbered 24 and up, I've corrected them again so EP28 is now correct to MTV.com
Equinox
Site Moderator

Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:38 am

Season 14 has been locked. Here's hoping MTV eventually gets their shit together.