Ridiculousness - s14

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
Equinox
Site Moderator

Re: Ridiculousness - s14

Postby Equinox » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:38 pm

Mistywing wrote:I emailed MTV.com and received no reply. They don't seem interested in correcting their website either.
At this point whom do you trust except the secondary source?
I didn't use MTV.ca because they have different lists for the earlier seasons than MTV.com.
For example:
Season 4 has an episode numbering offset of one between MTV.com and MTV.ca
Season 5 has 20 episodes on MTV.com, 18 on MTV.ca (we have 18)
Season 7 is completely missing on MTV.ca
etc.
You just can't win. So I went with the secondary source because the official sites are conflicting and a mess (IMO.)

But if you feel you can make a better decision, go ahead.

Didn't mean to sound like I was undermining your opinion. And I'm not going to touch this for the time being; I was just participating in the discussion.
Like you said you just can win here. MTV.ca felt like the next best thing to me, and the way they had Season 14 seemed to make sense and get us out of the jam… but of course it's not 100% certain. I don't think TV Guide is reliable enough here that we can go off of their listings alone, so for now I don't think there's anything we can do. It really sucks that MTV's website is such an embarrassment.

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:02 pm

Don't worry, I didn't take it that way at all. In fact I prefer discussing things like this but it's difficult to set things right in the current situation.

JohnJohnson

Postby JohnJohnson » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:16 am

Here we go again - https://www.thetvdb.com/series/ridiculo ... seasons/14
For some reason, "Chanel and Sterling CXXX" have been placed as S14E11 on TVDB.
This is a mistake, since YesTV(those guys,u know;)) and various other sites haven't come to that episode yet.
Also-The roman number 'CXXX' is '130', and considering that S14E10 is "Chanel and Sterling CXVII", and 'CXVII' is the roman number '117', it then makes no sense that 13 episodes with Chanel and Sterling have been lost or never been broadcasted between ep10 and ep11.

I hope this makes sense to some clever moderator out there, that can see thru' all this bs somehow :)

JohnJohnson

Postby JohnJohnson » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:23 am

Small update (couldn't edit post):
OK. I see now that even MTV have it all messed up. What is wrong with them?! :D Why would they broadcast Chanel & Sterling 130, before Chanel & Sterling 118, 119, 120 etc. - It's so stupid!
https://www.mtv.ca/shows/ridiculousness ... ing-cxvii/
https://www.mtv.ca/shows/ridiculousness ... ling-cxxx/