Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS - Move Episodes to Season 3

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Please note that episode images cannot be replaced by regular users. To replace an image, create a post and link to both the exact episode and the replacement image (use imgur or similar) and a moderator will replace the image for you.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
Venara

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS - Move Episodes to Season 3

Postby Venara » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:42 am

Hi all,

I would like to request that several episodes be moved from Season 2 to 3 for this series:
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/yu-gi-oh-vrains

Episodes 57 and following should be located in Season 3. If you go by absolute episode number it would be 103 and following.

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Y ... S_episodes
https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh ... S#Episodes
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5628740/episodes

In addition to the sources, the show started a completed new story arc from the above mentioned episodes onward. This is usually another solid indicator that a new season has started.

Thanks,
Venara

Venara

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS - Move Episodes to Season 3

Postby Venara » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Apologies, I should have specified which episodes should be in which season for all seasons to make this more clear.

Season 1 = Episodes 1-46
Season 2 = Episodes 47-102
Season 3 = Episodes 103 and following (current season).

Also, I probably should have linked IMDB first as this is the main source and the other two are only supporting sources. Once again, my apologies. This is my first request of this sort and I want to make sure it's all okay and done by the guidelines you have :)

Thanks,
Venara

Mistywing
Site Moderator

Postby Mistywing » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:11 pm

We follow the Japanese broadcast order, and this one typically does not feature seasons at all.
Do you have a Japanese source indicating some separation along the lines of what you are suggesting?

Here you can see 10x episodes listed in a single list.
I could only find this but I haven't parsed enough of the automatic translation to know what it's talking about (Don't watch this anime.)

Venara

Postby Venara » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Hi Mistywing,

I was not aware that this is the general policy. Following that train of thought, there should not be a Season 2 there either though, right? I cannot find anything in the sources linked by yourself that confirms a second or third season, just one long running order.

I would speculate that users that have been contributing to this series have adapted the season format used by other sources, such as the ones I linked. It would make sense to either continue that or remove season 2 and move all episodes from that season into season 1.

I did find that the Japanese Wikipedia entry has the story chapters separated into seasons too, see here: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%81%8A ... E%8BVRAINS

Looking at other Yu-Gi-Oh! series, such as the previous ARC-V, the same thing seems to apply. As you said, I cannot locate a Japanese broadcaster source that features seasons, yet it is split into the commonly acknowledged season format on TheTVDB (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/yu-gi-oh-arc-v). Best I can tell, the same applies to all Yu-Gi-Oh! shows in the database.

I think that, for the sake of consistency, it probably makes more sense to continue the widely acknowledged season format for this show, rather than go back and fix them all?

Kind regards,
Venara

Mistywing
Site Moderator

Postby Mistywing » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:56 pm

I understand all of that, unfortunately we cannot use Wikipedia as a source. It could be entered as an alternate order however, and we should soon have this option on the new site. Perhaps we can leave this as is and I will add it to the things I'll do when the new site is live.

Venara

Postby Venara » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:33 am

I only linked the Japanese Wikipedia in the context of very few Japanese sources for the running order of these shows, no worries. I do understand the policy of not using Wikipedia as a source.

That sounds like a good suggestion that would solve the issue. Users such as myself and others who prefer to go with a season format will then have the option to choose with order they prefer. Sounds like a win/win to me :) Thanks for the update!

Lys

Postby Lys » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:11 pm

As a bit of context we did originally have Arc-V listed as one season until the other seasons were added which I pointed out in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33904&p=107732

After that, it just seemed like organizing Yu-Gi-Oh series into artificial seasons from Wikipedia and such became the norm. I like this alternate order idea instead.