American Experience

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
bsmcclure

American Experience

Postby bsmcclure » Sat May 11, 2019 12:04 pm

Currently going through all of my episodes of PBS's American Experience. Will update what needs to be fixed as I come across more.

I noticed S13E07-E12 (6 parts of "Abraham and Mary Lincoln: A House Divided") is relisted as a combined episode @ S23E13. Not sure it's really necessary? I can't find any information on any updated versions of the original 6 parts so I can't really see a reason on why it would be relisted as a single episode as the finale of Season 23.

bsmcclure

Re: American Experience

Postby bsmcclure » Sat May 11, 2019 12:31 pm

Since Ken Burns Films are pretty closely related to American Experience (both made by PBS) I figured I shouldn't create an entirely new topic.

Ken Burns Films lists "Empire of the Air" twice as S1991E01 and S1992E01 (1992 being the correct one I believe as it was released in Jan 1992)

bsmcclure

Postby bsmcclure » Sat May 11, 2019 12:43 pm

Didn't realize I couldn't update/edit my posts... Ken Burns Films just needs to be cleaned up in general. Featurettes, Making Of, Interviews, etc. should all be considered specials no?

I also am not sure what "Horatio's Drive: Romancing the Road" is.

The two updated parts of the Baseball series do cover from 1994-2009 (Top/Bottom of the Tenth Inning) so not sure if they should go in 1994 or 2009 but right now they are listed in both

bsmcclure

Postby bsmcclure » Sat May 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Back to American Experience... there's no Part 3 to the Truman episodes... the description for the "3rd part" is taken straight from Part 2. S10E01-E03 is only split into 2 parts not 3.