Buzzfeed Unsolved issues

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Please note that episode images cannot be replaced by regular users. To replace an image, create a post and link to both the exact episode and the replacement image (use imgur or similar) and a moderator will replace the image for you.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
yoshiboi

Buzzfeed Unsolved issues

Postby yoshiboi » Sun May 05, 2019 5:15 pm

There is a series called Buzzfeed Unsolved on the TVDB that includes both the series "Unsolved" and "True Crime". These are both separate and distinct shows and should have their own series. There is also already a Buzzfeed Unsolved: Supernatural series and there should be one for True Crime.

Equinox
Site Moderator

Re: Buzzfeed Unsolved issues

Postby Equinox » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:00 am

I see there is a separate record for BuzzFeed Unsolved: True Crime.
It looks as though Seasons 1 through 10 of Buzzfeed Unsolved are basically the five seasons of BuzzFeed Unsolved: True Crime (47 episodes) and the five seasons of BuzzFeed Unsolved: Supernatural (43 episodes) combined.

If the True Crime and Supernatural series should indeed exist as their own distinct entries, then all seasons of the mothership series (ID 322680) should be deleted, as they are essentially duplicates.
This leaves only the Specials season only, which currently consists of 110 episodes.

Since this is a YouTube webseries, it's a bit hard to find official information to rely on.
Is anyone familiar with these series and able to offer insight to help determine the best course of action?

If it helps, here is the Wikipedia article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BuzzFeed_Unsolved

Also, IMDb only has two records for True Crime and Supernatural.

Equinox
Site Moderator

Postby Equinox » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:49 am

Do any of the other moderators want to offer their take on this?

adriel
Site Moderator

Postby adriel » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:48 am

I'm not familiar with this kind of show, but looking at both separately, I don't see why shows with different themes whose similarities are just name and cast. For me, there should be different records.
Adriel
Live long and prosper! Image

Equinox
Site Moderator

Postby Equinox » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:57 am

adriel wrote:I'm not familiar with this kind of show, but looking at both separately, I don't see why shows with different themes whose similarities are just name and cast. For me, there should be different records.

Thanks, Adriel!
I agree they should be separate shows, as they are on IMDb. This would mean deleting BuzzFeed Unsolved (ID 322680) — as, like I said, its ten seasons are really the five seasons of BuzzFeed Unsolved: True Crime (47 episodes) and the five seasons of BuzzFeed Unsolved: Supernatural (43 episodes) combined.

However, if we are to delete BuzzFeed Unsolved, the problem is its Specials season, consisting of 110 (!) episodes which we (at least currently) have no ability to move to the other shows…

adriel
Site Moderator

Postby adriel » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:33 am

I don't know if V3 will have this option. I called the cavalry to reach a consensus here. :)
Adriel

adriel
Site Moderator

Postby adriel » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:00 am

Equinox wrote:
adriel wrote:I'm not familiar with this kind of show, but looking at both separately, I don't see why shows with different themes whose similarities are just name and cast. For me, there should be different records.

Thanks, Adriel!
I agree they should be separate shows, as they are on IMDb. This would mean deleting BuzzFeed Unsolved (ID 322680) — as, like I said, its ten seasons are really the five seasons of BuzzFeed Unsolved: True Crime (47 episodes) and the five seasons of BuzzFeed Unsolved: Supernatural (43 episodes) combined.

However, if we are to delete BuzzFeed Unsolved, the problem is its Specials season, consisting of 110 (!) episodes which we (at least currently) have no ability to move to the other shows…

We have a solution, Equinox. We just need to list where each special goes and get the team to take care of it.
Adriel