DC Super Hero Girls (2019) vs. DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
deusxanime

DC Super Hero Girls (2019) vs. DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts

Postby deusxanime » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:16 pm

Looks like this was changed due to this topic.

This doesn't make sense. Now "DC Super Hero Girls (2019)" is gone and there is a new series called "DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts"? That isn't right though. The YT shorts are just promo/web specials for the upcoming TV show on Cartoon Network. So I think the way it was before is correct with these shorts listed under Specials (they even just released a trailer for the show now on YT). This just makes it confusing because now there will have to be a separate entry for when the actual "DC Super Hero Girls (2019)" comes out in March?

Thoughts/discussion?

deusxanime

Re: DC Super Hero Girls (2019) vs. DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts

Postby deusxanime » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:33 pm

Bump this because it looks like yet another TVDB series (ID 359619) has been created for the DCSHG 2019 series (even though "(2019)" doesn't seem to be explicitly in the name - not sure if it needs to be but I think it usually is when it has the exact same name as a previous series), furthering the confusion. Can the Super Shorts and 2019 series be merged? Still believe the YT web shorts should just be Specials in the 2019 series and not a completely separate entry.

deusxanime

Re: DC Super Hero Girls (2019) vs. DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts

Postby deusxanime » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:47 am

Since there doesn't seem to be enough interest in this, I started working on it on my own. I added "(2019)" to the show name to differentiate it from the previous YT series of the same name. I also added the YT shorts and trailers as Specials. Not sure what to do with the Super Shorts series someone made, but if they want to maintain it separately, that's up to them I guess.

Is there a way to change the primary artwork for the series? I think this one should probably be the main poster for the series.