The Marvel Superheroes

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
Darwin Lebowski

The Marvel Superheroes

Postby Darwin Lebowski » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:12 pm

Hey. New user and first post so bear with me.

I have the DVD set of The Marvel Superheroes and it's a kinda confusing show for ordering and organization. Each episode consists of 3 smaller stories which were originally aired separately as 7 min EPs on TV to fill the 30 min slot (with commercials) but always the same 3 grouped together to essentially be one episode. Airing of the episodes/order in which they were aired varied by region with some airing full "seasons" of each hero in order while others would air episodes in rotating order and go through all 5 shows 1 episode at a time. Essentially there are 5 shows that make up this one show all together, with each hero (captain America, iron man, Hulk, Thor, and Namor) having their own seasons. When this was released on DVD it was done so that each hero had their own season/DVD set and has the episodes in order for each hero.

Right now, the site has the show under 1 title The Marvel Superheroes and shows it having 1 season. This ordering really messes up the labeling of each episode since it shows them cyclic order, running through episodes for each character.

I have two ideas to manage this and they are as follows:

1) separate the show into 5 seasons, 1 for each hero. This is how the show was aired, released, sold, best watched, and would make organization with Plex and other apps much easier.

2) the lesser of the options, but split each hero/dvd into its own series for the same reasons as listed above, but since it's all the same show, season splitting is prob a better option.

https://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-Complet ... B000QEIQ60

https://www.amazon.com/Sub-Mariner-Comp ... B000QEIQ6U

Included 2 links to the DVDs on Amazon to show how they are officially released.

Also adding the wiki Link (even though it says it's not a viable source) only because it kind of explains everything a bit better than I have.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Marvel_Super_Heroes

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Re: The Marvel Superheroes

Postby Imzadi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Or you could simply enter the DVD order and use that.

Darwin Lebowski

Postby Darwin Lebowski » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:19 pm

Imzadi wrote:Or you could simply enter the DVD order and use that.

like i said. New here. is that a suggestion for me and using Plex or for sorting on the site?

because that's essentially what I'm suggesting just in a long winded way

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:27 pm

Yes. You can even combine (but not split episodes). Plex should allow to select DVD order if present.

For example you have episodes 1 and 2.
Dvd order would be
1.0 Episode 1
2.0 Episode 2
3.0 Episode 3

But if it two episodes are combined on DVD it's

1.1 Episode 1
1.2 Episode 2
2.0 Episode 3.

Darwin Lebowski

Postby Darwin Lebowski » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:23 pm

oh so are you suggesting just editing my file names to enable this naming in plex? seems like a lot of extra work compared to manually labeling them or just splitting them on the site.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:29 pm

No, I mean entering the dvd order on our site to the existing episodes, so that you and others can scrape it.

Darwin Lebowski

Postby Darwin Lebowski » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:44 pm

oh ya i wasnt sure if i was allowed to edit or change anything myself.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:59 pm

It's not locked. Please don't chanfezthe current episode order. Just add the dvd order.

Darwin Lebowski

Postby Darwin Lebowski » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:04 pm

ok i was all ready to edit it and and dvd order... except i have no idea how. can you point me towards a guide or just explain what i have to do/what i have to edit?

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:21 pm

If I interpret this correctly, your DVDs have the 30 minutes episodes split into three parts.
Unfortunately this is not covered by our DVD order here, as that one can only perform the "combining" of two aired episodes into one by using the decimals. It cannot be used to "split" a 30 minutes episode into segments.

Instead, you will use the method supported by Plex.

-----

However if I interpreted this wrong, then the method for combining two (or more) aired episodes through DVD order on TVDB is with the decimals.

For example, if your DVD combines the aired episodes 1-3 of this show, you will set for each episode:
DVD Season: 1
And then:
for Episode 1: 1.1
for Episode 2: 1.2
for Episode 3: 1.3

-----

If either of this is completely besides the point, you will enter the order of the episodes as dictated by the DVD you own, and I assume it's some official release.
So if all of Iron Man is "DVD Season 1" you will enter that as the DVD Season number for all the Iron Man episodes, and then number the individual episodes appropriately from 1 to X.
And then if Hulk is "DVD Season 2", you will enter 2 as the DVD Season number for the corresponding episodes, and number again from 1 to X individually.