Neighbours - season split points need changing

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
daddymoofle9xy

Re: Neighbours - season split points need changing

Postby daddymoofle9xy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 am

This whole mess is my fault, and I'm sorry - nobody had been updating, and even though I'm American - I love this show. So I took it upon myself, and got a little overzealous. I wish we could just delete things; I get why we can't - but it'd make this easier than wondering if any admins are even going to see this thread. Last thing I want is for it to get locked so nobody can update it. :-/

I'm sorry guys.

paul67

Postby paul67 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:06 am

Hi Guys

I have started to correct the Neighbours episodes (just a user like yourselves)

Have based them on UK airings which are the same as Aus ones, so S35 E42 8048, should be todays (27/3) if my workings out are correct
If someone could just have a check of the last 2 weeks worth, I have changed these and just make sure you think they are ok, I will then start fixing earlier episodes

It's just episode number that needs changing, everything else looks perfect

Just to note, I cannot fix the end eps in S34, this will need a tvdb person to delete them

Cheers, hope you all didnt mind me starting to look at fixing them

Also, thanks to daddymoofle9xy for putting all the episode data in

daddymoofle9xy

Postby daddymoofle9xy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:05 am

Problem:

Youre doing exactly what they say not to do. LOL

I mean, I appreciate the effort - but we're all screwed if the show gets locked. :-/

paul67

Postby paul67 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:50 am

Why would it get locked?

I edit other shows and fix errors without any issue, been updating others soaps for years on here

If you had made a genuine mistake and entered it wrong, then there is nothing wrong with you fixing it

samf88

Postby samf88 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi. Thanks for attempting to fix stuff paul67. Hopefully there won't be any issue given the problems this is causing for other sites that use TheTVDB data - there's bound to be confusion from the change though, which is a shame given we tried to prevent it.

Episode 8050 is S35E044 airdate 2019-03-01 so season 35 is now correct. Cheers.

So we just need those 9 episodes moving from S34 to S35 now. Should save a busy admin some time anyway. :)

daddymoofle9xy

Postby daddymoofle9xy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:03 pm

Oh shit, I get what you did now (sorry was at work on Mobile and wasn't fully grasping it). Yeah man, this looks awesome! Thank you so much for your additional efforts. :)

paul67

Postby paul67 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:13 am

Personally I cant see any issue with this, it's just correcting the info, it's when someone goes in and takes something that is already correct and changes it things get locked

I am happy to go in and add the first 9 episodes into S35, but there is nothing i can do with S34, for me though that is not as important, being correct going forward is best

I only jumped in because Plex/Emby where annoying me with wrong air dates, lol

Should have time shortly, will attempt to add missing eps in then

paul67

Postby paul67 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:48 am

As far as i can see, Season 35 should now be correct

Not sure if i fully mentioned earlier, but the only data i changed was Ep No., All previously entered data is as was, I have not changed/deleted any of this

Enjoy your Neighbours :)

samf88

Postby samf88 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:32 am

Thanks paul67. :) FYI admins might have a problem with creating 'duplicate listings' as they would prefer to transfer the existing listings over, rather than delete them. Hopefully that can be forgiven, given how long this topic has been open for.

Just to update for admin, the only thing you need to do now is remove the listings for Season 34 episode 257-265.

daddymoofle9xy

Postby daddymoofle9xy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:58 am

All in all, Sonaar has stopped giving me errors and Plex recognizes the episodes now - so it's all good. I'm glad I'm not the only one that's keen on keeping this show up to date; I have reservations about just how addicted I am to it being a grown man in the US and all. :lol:

Sam, Paul, thank you both - you guys have helped tremendously. :D