Top Gear Specials

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
perspicacia

Top Gear Specials

Postby perspicacia » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:26 am

Please can someone add the following episodes to specials https://www.thetvdb.com/series/top-gear/seasons/0 as it is locked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bvsdzs/episodes/guide

Best Of - Part 1
Air Date 16 Dec
Featuring the greatest Top Gear adventures from the last three series. This week the boys head to Kazakhstan to test three very high-mileage motors, and Matt makes a special bond with an Aston Martin before getting dusty in the desert in the Ariel Nomad.

Best Of - Part 2
Air Date 23 Dec
Featuring the greatest Top Gear adventures from the last three series. Matt takes Chris on a hunt for Bigfoot, Rory delves into Japan's underground car scene, Chris tears up the tarmac in the Ferrari FXX K and Matt goes on a very fast sightseeing trip around London.

Best Of - Part 3
Air Date 30 Dec
Featuring the greatest Top Gear adventures from the last three series. Chris tests two new sports cars from Japan, Matt challenges Chris to a very expensive race, Chris shows Matt the charms of the Citroen 2CV, and Rory has a special plan for the world's ugliest car.

Best Of - Part 4
Air Date 06 Jan
Featuring the greatest Top Gear adventures from the last three series. This week Chris takes on Sabine in the world's toughest off-road race, Matt puts the Dodge Demon through its paces at NASA, and then speeds up farming with an all-new tractor.

perspicacia

Re: Top Gear Specials

Postby perspicacia » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:33 am

Please can someone add these - Thanks

aLlamaWithARifle

Postby aLlamaWithARifle » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:17 am

Bump - would appreciate this being done, thanks.

perspicacia

Postby perspicacia » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:12 am

I think the Admin/Mods must be overwhelmed becuase a lot of change requests are not getting dealt with. So might be a while before this is done

ytrouble07

Postby ytrouble07 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:17 am

I am also waiting for it to be done.

perspicacia

Postby perspicacia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:03 am

Doesn't look this is going to get done anytime soon, and now there is an 5th episode to add...

Best Of - Part 5
Air Date 13 Jan
Featuring the greatest Top Gear adventures from the last three series. Matt takes Chris on a hunt for Bigfoot, Rory delves into Japan's underground car scene, Chris tears up the tarmac in the Ferrari FXX K and Matt goes on a very fast sightseeing trip around London.

bluemoon4ever

re-open top gear ... yet another request

Postby bluemoon4ever » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:01 am

Please can you re-open Top Gear as the BBC has just aired 4 x 'best of' specials from season 22-25, but we cant add them to the specials season, or add them yourself then lock it again?

But I still cant understand why an "on-going" series is locked?!

perspicacia

Re: re-open top gear ... yet another request

Postby perspicacia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:07 am

Not Going to happen - if you read the last sentence in the rules above in pink/red you will notice it says...

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you

I made this request nearly a month ago - https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=52834&p=142702&hilit=Top+Gear#p141828 - and nothing has happened yet. So probably not going to happen anytime soon as it is very obvious there are not enough mods as the few there are are overwhelmed with the amount of requests.

bluemoon4ever

Re: re-open top gear ... yet another request

Postby bluemoon4ever » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:10 pm

what harm can it do to unlock it? Or at the least the MOD can add 4 episodes to the Specials list then Lock it again. Technically they are breaking there own rules as these are Ligit Specials aired on BBC during December/January.

Guess I will create my own series for Kodi to use, think I shall call it Series 100 lol.

perspicacia

Postby perspicacia » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:16 am

Change to the synopsis of part 2....

This week Chris and Matt test two all-season supercars, Chris gets sideways in an Alfa Romeo, Rory goes retro-arcade gaming in a Renault Twingo, and Matt gets to grips with a go-anywhere SUV from Russia.