Episode list on Rachel Maddow Show needs tending

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules before posting, especially regarding Specials, remakes & reboots, and sources of truth.
Be sure to link to the series/episode page on TheTVDB, as well as your Sources of Truth for
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Please note that episode images cannot be replaced by regular users. To replace an image, create a post and link to both the exact episode and the replacement image (use imgur or similar) and a moderator will replace the image for you.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
redfalcon

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:01 pm

JBaby_9783 wrote:We’ve done it....
I'm confused. Nothing seems to have changed. For example, tomorrow's episode is 237, which is currently listed as Dec 11 (as opposed to not being listed at all).
JBaby_9783

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:06 pm

We can't do anything more than what we've already done. We've reported the problem. A moderator is the only person who can resolve the problem. None of them has done it yet. And I don't know if/when they'll do it. It's out of our hands. I share your frustration though.
redfalcon

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:25 pm

JBaby_9783 wrote:We can't do anything more than what we've already done. We've reported the problem. A moderator is the only person who can resolve the problem. None of them has done it yet. And I don't know if/when they'll do it. It's out of our hands. I share your frustration though.
OK, thanks that's helpful. For some reason I thought that you were a moderator (or had the juju to delete episodes) :D
roSh9E8

Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:38 am

redfalcon wrote:
roSh9E8 wrote:
redfalcon wrote:The episode list for 2018 of The Rachel Maddow Show is currently 10 days out of alignment (show number to date).
Out of alignment compared to what? Do you have a link to something that clarifies what you are referring to?
For example, yesterday (11/20) The Rachel Maddow Show aired episode 233, yet in episode list that episode number (233) is shown as 12/5. This seems to have likely happened because of an accumulation of holidays/election coverage/etc. where there were weekdays that didn't have 'episodes' air.
Again you say the episode which aired 11/20 is episode "233" but you don't declare the source of the number "233" which you're quoting. Please inform us with the source that declares that 11/20 episode is numbered 233 and not 221?

Unfortunately it makes no sense for kensxm to edit future episodes and leave multiple pairs with the same air date. That's not helping.

Moderators fix issues that have specific sources quoted, give clear instructions, and don't cause revisionism.
roSh9E8

Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:51 am

https://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/the-rac ... es/325257/ lists the episode that aired 11/20 as number 282. It also lists episodes for 11/22 - 11/24.
JBaby_9783

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:47 am

For me the episode numbers aren’t a concern. The numbers have never matched up. MSNBC doesn’t even use that numbering system. MSNBC supports deeplinks. Last night’s episode number is -15482. Tonight’s episode will be -15481. I just wanted the episodes I mentioned earlier, with screenshots, to be deleted. But I’ve just checked now the numbers don’t make any sense. If we are going by TVDB’s rules the numbers should be sequential. Yes? So last night’s episode should be 223. Come the end of the year this is gonna be a bigger mess.

My apologies, for not truly understanding what OP was wanting. I thought OP just wanted the episodes that didn’t ever exist to be deleted like I did.
roSh9E8

Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:59 pm

JBaby_9783 wrote:For me the episode numbers aren’t a concern. The numbers have never matched up. MSNBC doesn’t even use that numbering system. MSNBC supports deeplinks. Last night’s episode number is -15482. Tonight’s episode will be -15481. I just wanted the episodes I mentioned earlier, with screenshots, to be deleted.
You have done nothing requiring an apology. I don't care much about the episode number as long as they are sequential and in order. I only changed them to placate redfalcon and avoid editing battles with kengsm who had made some edits changing the air dates out of sequence and scrambling the order. Without a valid cited source I feel the episode numbers should just be sequential but clearly others feel they need to match whatever their unknown source says.
I appreciate you adding in titles, screen caps, overview text and other metadata. Keep up the good work. :)
JBaby_9783

Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:29 pm

roSh9E8 wrote:
JBaby_9783 wrote:For me the episode numbers aren’t a concern. The numbers have never matched up. MSNBC doesn’t even use that numbering system. MSNBC supports deeplinks. Last night’s episode number is -15482. Tonight’s episode will be -15481. I just wanted the episodes I mentioned earlier, with screenshots, to be deleted.
You have done nothing requiring an apology. I don't care much about the episode number as long as they are sequential and in order. I only changed them to placate redfalcon and avoid editing battles with kengsm who had made some edits changing the air dates out of sequence and scrambling the order. Without a valid cited source I feel the episode numbers should just be sequential but clearly others feel they need to match whatever their unknown source says.
I appreciate you adding in titles, screen caps, overview text and other metadata. Keep up the good work. :)
Thank you!!! :D
JBaby_9783

Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:35 am

Welp this new numbering structure doesnt work. So later today I’m putting the numbers back as they were unless someone has another solution. Apparently there are services that need that numbers to be sequential. I’m not sure how many of those services/apps need it, but I do know Trakt is one of them.
redfalcon

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:28 am

roSh9E8 wrote:
Here is a grab from my Plex/HDHomeRun guide for 28 November 2018 (not sure what the original source of the data is other than perhaps Xfinity):