Episode list on Rachel Maddow Show needs tending

Request & discuss changes to series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
This forum is now read-only. Support for TheTVDB.com is now available at https://support.thetvdb.com/ We also have a Knowledgebase which includes site rules and tips at https://support.thetvdb.com/kb/
redfalcon
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:32 am

Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:38 am

The episode list for 2018 of The Rachel Maddow Show is currently 10 days out of alignment (show number to date). I suspect the easiest fix would be to remove episode entries after the current date (11/16) to at least allow lookup to fail gracefully as they do with other MSNBC shows. Having a show meta-tagged with future dates screws up DVR recording in Plex.
roSh9E8
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:28 pm

Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:56 am

redfalcon wrote:The episode list for 2018 of The Rachel Maddow Show is currently 10 days out of alignment (show number to date).
Out of alignment compared to what? Do you have a link to something that clarifies what you are referring to?
JBaby_9783
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:57 am
Contact:

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:06 pm

I don’t know exactly what he OP means. However, I do know that it does need work. I can see four episodes that need to be deleted. Rachel never has a show on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve.

This episode and this one need to be deleted.

Image
JBaby_9783
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:57 am
Contact:

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:18 pm

I’d also be fine with all episodes after 221 being deleted. There will be more episodes that will need to be deleted befor the end of the year.
redfalcon
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:32 am

Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 am

roSh9E8 wrote:
redfalcon wrote:The episode list for 2018 of The Rachel Maddow Show is currently 10 days out of alignment (show number to date).
Out of alignment compared to what? Do you have a link to something that clarifies what you are referring to?
For example, yesterday (11/20) The Rachel Maddow Show aired episode 233, yet in episode list that episode number (233) is shown as 12/5. This seems to have likely happened because of an accumulation of holidays/election coverage/etc. where there were weekdays that didn't have 'episodes' air.
JBaby_9783
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:57 am
Contact:

Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:41 am

redfalcon wrote:
roSh9E8 wrote:
redfalcon wrote:The episode list for 2018 of The Rachel Maddow Show is currently 10 days out of alignment (show number to date).
Out of alignment compared to what? Do you have a link to something that clarifies what you are referring to?
For example, yesterday (11/20) The Rachel Maddow Show aired episode 233, yet in episode list that episode number (233) is shown as 12/5. This seems to have likely happened because of an accumulation of holidays/election coverage/etc. where there were weekdays that didn't have 'episodes' air.
That’s exactly what happened. I’ve been fixing it as time permits. But I haven’t fixed all episode numbers because I know episodes will need to be deleted and I don’t want to waste my time. This is also why I think it’s a bad idea to add so many episodes at one time, especially at the end of the year.
redfalcon
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:32 am

Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:42 pm

While I appreciate your efforts the problem is, for those of us that are using this as a source for show metadata for live recordings, tidying after the fact in ineffective. It would be better to not have the individual episode data (until the 'season' ends) as many other news shows seem to do. It's better to have no data than the wrong data.
JBaby_9783
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:57 am
Contact:

Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:47 pm

I agree. I didn’t add these episodes to begin with. I don’t like adding episodes more than a week at a time at most.
redfalcon
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:32 am

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:43 pm

So, what can we do to get those episodes deleted?
JBaby_9783
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:57 am
Contact:

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:35 pm

We’ve done it. I’ll also add that I think this special needs to be deleted too. It is a MSNBC special documentary. It never appeared under TRMS. It is correctly placed here.

Image
Locked