Episode list on Rachel Maddow Show needs tending

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules before posting, especially regarding Specials, remakes & reboots, and sources of truth.
Be sure to link to the series/episode page on TheTVDB, as well as your Sources of Truth for
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Please note that episode images cannot be replaced by regular users. To replace an image, create a post and link to both the exact episode and the replacement image (use imgur or similar) and a moderator will replace the image for you.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
redfalcon

Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:38 am

The episode list for 2018 of The Rachel Maddow Show is currently 10 days out of alignment (show number to date). I suspect the easiest fix would be to remove episode entries after the current date (11/16) to at least allow lookup to fail gracefully as they do with other MSNBC shows. Having a show meta-tagged with future dates screws up DVR recording in Plex.
roSh9E8

Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:56 am

redfalcon wrote:The episode list for 2018 of The Rachel Maddow Show is currently 10 days out of alignment (show number to date).
Out of alignment compared to what? Do you have a link to something that clarifies what you are referring to?
JBaby_9783

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:06 pm

I don’t know exactly what he OP means. However, I do know that it does need work. I can see four episodes that need to be deleted. Rachel never has a show on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve.

This episode and this one need to be deleted.

JBaby_9783

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:18 pm

I’d also be fine with all episodes after 221 being deleted. There will be more episodes that will need to be deleted befor the end of the year.
redfalcon

Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 am

roSh9E8 wrote:
redfalcon wrote:The episode list for 2018 of The Rachel Maddow Show is currently 10 days out of alignment (show number to date).
Out of alignment compared to what? Do you have a link to something that clarifies what you are referring to?
For example, yesterday (11/20) The Rachel Maddow Show aired episode 233, yet in episode list that episode number (233) is shown as 12/5. This seems to have likely happened because of an accumulation of holidays/election coverage/etc. where there were weekdays that didn't have 'episodes' air.
JBaby_9783

Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:41 am

redfalcon wrote:
roSh9E8 wrote:
For example, yesterday (11/20) The Rachel Maddow Show aired episode 233, yet in episode list that episode number (233) is shown as 12/5. This seems to have likely happened because of an accumulation of holidays/election coverage/etc. where there were weekdays that didn't have 'episodes' air.
That’s exactly what happened. I’ve been fixing it as time permits. But I haven’t fixed all episode numbers because I know episodes will need to be deleted and I don’t want to waste my time. This is also why I think it’s a bad idea to add so many episodes at one time, especially at the end of the year.
redfalcon

Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:42 pm

While I appreciate your efforts the problem is, for those of us that are using this as a source for show metadata for live recordings, tidying after the fact in ineffective. It would be better to not have the individual episode data (until the 'season' ends) as many other news shows seem to do. It's better to have no data than the wrong data.
JBaby_9783

Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:47 pm

I agree. I didn’t add these episodes to begin with. I don’t like adding episodes more than a week at a time at most.
redfalcon

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:43 pm

So, what can we do to get those episodes deleted?
JBaby_9783

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:35 pm

We’ve done it. I’ll also add that I think this special needs to be deleted too. It is a MSNBC special documentary. It never appeared under TRMS. It is correctly placed here.