Fast N' Loud

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
roSh9E8

Fast N' Loud

Postby roSh9E8 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:42 am

The Fast N' Loud show https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=259393&lid=7 does not match the official listing source (Discovery) https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/fast-n-loud/ yet is not listed in the series-specific information page http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6308 as having a reason for not aligning to the offical source.

Although past seasons have been locked, there does not appear to be any definitive reason that TheTVDB's listing is (more) correct than the official source. Even Scene releases seem to match the official listing. The official listing has dates for each episode's premiered airing. Past forum threads here have not declared why TheTVDB has stuck with it's unofficial listing and not converted to the official source. I noted a thread post that Discovery had made some past changes to its listing. Sadly IMDb is also a mess but has the last aired season as 13 which corresponds to Discovery's season 13.

Please unlock past seasons to allow a proper reorganization of episodes to match Discovery's official listing which covers all past seasons: https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/fast-n-loud/?

From Season 4 Episode 14 onward, this show does not align to the official actual season/episode list. Discovery's listing has 13 seasons whereas TheTVDB has only 10 (ignoring the new S11 and empty S12 & S13 I just added before I realized the mess this show is in). There are also some discrepancies with Demolition Theater episodes and other specials. Also there are some cross-over episodes with Street Outlaws that need addressing.

Additionally the current schedule https://www.discovery.com/schedule shows eight *NEW* "Fast N' Loud" episodes for 2018-03-03 (no specific season mentioned) as well as *New* episodes for "Fast N' Loud: Team Gas Monkey". There are another six *NEW* "Fast N' Loud" episodes for 2018-03-12 (again no specific season mentioned).

Given the official listing now seems stable it might be best to align TVDB to that moving forward.

Cafeine

Re: Fast N' Loud

Postby Cafeine » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:46 am

It's a mess, I agree…
If somebody had the courage to sort it out, that would be great. :)

jmaciver

Postby jmaciver » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:26 am

Yet you then add episodes that are already IN the database Fast N' Loud - 4x13 - Troll’s Choice Rolls-Royce is now listed by you as Fast N' Loud - 11x01 - Flippin' Five making a whole NEW mess. The problem is Discovery Network will state seasons THEN a year or two later completely change their season numbering and then do it again a year or two later. Look at Animal Planet, Discovery, TLC, Destination America and Science Channel listings on this forum that ask for corrections. Shows like Treehouse Masters, Tanked, and Fast 'n Loud are the most commonly screwed up due to this as well as the original Mythbusters show previously using season # then going to year numbering. If this forum would change everything, everytime discovery (who has different numbering of seasons and episodes within its OWN network) we would never have a working database. Look at these topics here viewtopic.php?f=46&t=39421&p=120616#p120616

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=39611&p=119668#p119668

This shows several changes just recently that have had to be corrected. The mobile discovery network then lists another season and episode number too. Then add in "Scene" changes and other people who upload episodes to torrent sites who list an whole different numbering, and the numbers tvguide and the big cable companies use on their on screen programming guide... Gah it is a huge pain in the ass.

skubasteeve

Postby skubasteeve » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:21 pm

roSh9E8 wrote:
Additionally the current schedule https://www.discovery.com/schedule shows eight *NEW* "Fast N' Loud" episodes for 2018-03-03 (no specific season mentioned) as well as *New* episodes for "Fast N' Loud: Team Gas Monkey". There are another six *NEW* "Fast N' Loud" episodes for 2018-03-12 (again no specific season mentioned).

Given the official listing now seems stable it might be best to align TVDB to that moving forward.

The new Fast n Loud you speak of is

Fast n Loud: Fast Lane which has been added as a new season for some reason.

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/fast-n-l ... e/1171690/

roSh9E8

Postby roSh9E8 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:16 pm

jmaciver wrote:Yet you then add episodes that are already IN the database Fast N' Loud - 4x13 - Troll’s Choice Rolls-Royce is now listed by you as Fast N' Loud - 11x01 - Flippin' Five making a whole NEW mess.

:oops:
That wasn't my intention and I think the different titles and overviews threw me. The episode overviews taken from Discovery's schedule mentioned the Mega Race prep but it would seem they are fusing some new content with recycled parts of past episodes. As skubasteeve pointed out, TVGuide is calling these episodes Fast N' Loud: Fast Lane. So I have removed the episode's titles and overview text here since they haven't been added into Discovery's official listing and clearly I was premature to think it was a new season.

The complete listing on Discovery's current site showing each season from 1 to 13 is the first time this has been there AFAIK. In past years I know there wasn't a full listing. It seemed like this was progress. I question that the listing here is "more correct" than Discovery's (current) official listing. No one has made a definitive case for keeping TVDB's listing as is other than the official being changed in the past. So what? There have been numerous thread posts here over the years back when Season 4 and 5 was airing calling for corrections.

Discovery, TVGuide, TV.com, IMDb, TVMaze, zap2it, etc. all have the current season as 13. TVDB is calling it 10. The inconsistency between sources https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9271 stating "the official listing will be considered gospel" and "I'm annoyed because they changed their listing" is just confusing.

morpheus2n2

Postby morpheus2n2 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:27 am

Hi sorry to jump in here so whats actually going on with this, as I have a whole mess of episodes that are in need of sorting plus an episode labelled as season 11 (Fast N Loud S11E01 Parked in the Keys) with no actual "Home" to go to lol

morpheus2n2

Postby morpheus2n2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:03 am

I have noticed that @Cafeine has haded some episodes to season 11 but they are listed on the Discovery site as season 14, not helpful.
Can a Admin please either let us know if something can be done to fix this?

roSh9E8

Postby roSh9E8 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Some clear direction/resolution on this would be appreciated :)

roSh9E8

Postby roSh9E8 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:52 am

For anyone reading this thread left wondering, it turns out that revisionism was outlawed from Day One here which is the "direction" of the site. This thread should probably get closed and moved to denied requests.

roSh9E8

Postby roSh9E8 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:00 am

Additionally, I ask that the Series-Specific Information viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6308 get updated with this series.