Oreimo specials/regular episodes

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Please note that episode images cannot be replaced by regular users. To replace an image, create a post and link to both the exact episode and the replacement image (use imgur or similar) and a moderator will replace the image for you.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
alltimemarr

Oreimo specials/regular episodes

Postby alltimemarr » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:57 am

For the first season of Oreimo the "final" episodes distributed online were added as specials, but for the second season, they were added at the regular season listing. So, one of them needs to get fixed. I'll leave it to you guys to decide your ruling, but thought I'd point it out.

The website lists the ONA/OVA/whatever-floats-your-boat for both seasons in the "regular" listing (normally, for OVA episodes distributed with a DVD volume for example that doesn't happen):
http://www.oreimo-anime.com/1st/story/index.html
http://www.oreimo-anime.com/story/index.html

Links @ tvdb;
specials
first season - locked by Maretoh
second season

alltimemarr

Re: Oreimo specials/regular episodes

Postby alltimemarr » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:26 pm

BUMP. I guess you guys need info on which are the TV, and which are the ONAs; (I forgot to mention that, haha!)

For season one, 1-12 are TV episodes, and 13-15 were released online.
For season two, it's 1-13 TV and 14-16 online.

rev.pragon

Postby rev.pragon » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:00 pm

for my understanding (and i think we had this discussion in the past already) is that the episode 13-15 in the first season is a "seperate story" which tells something not so important for the whole story. the specials 14-16 in the second season belongs to the story (but imho the anime ends after episode 13).

did you read that?: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=22701&p=79282&hilit=ore+no+imouto#p79282

and that: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7931&hilit=oreimo

and for me that says everything:
hikaricore wrote:Actually no, the story branches off at episode 12 so they can be listed either way.
There really isn't much of a reason to change this especially since true route is the most valid. :p
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.

alltimemarr

Postby alltimemarr » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:58 pm

What hikaricore said there was in regards to a users wanting to add "airs after" for the first season specials. So that's not the issue, the first season specials are a "different ending" indeed, much like the dating sims and such, were there's different storylines based on your choices.

But like ManiacB said in that other thread you linked: (I did search, but I saw it was about animated commentary, so I didn't check the thread more)

Also, with regard to the extra episodes that aired after the normal running for both the first and second series - I also think we need to be consistent with them. Series 1 lists the extra episodes as specials, whilst season 2 just has them as episodes 13-16. I think they should both be treated one way or another. Usually we would default to them being listed as specials in both cases, but I do see some information about them being web streamed/simulcast later on, so another option would be to list them both as normal episodes like we do with Bakemonogatari.

Hikaricore replied

The episodes which were disc only should be listed under specials for sure. That aside, you're on your own. XD I'm too old to keep track of all this shit.

So, I guess that's still something that should still be sorted out, as there didn't seem to be a decision there. The episodes were not disc only, it was shown in theaters in the US on 9 august 2013, and streamed 4 days later worldwide. I don't know if that changes things, but imo it should be treated the same. Unaired/streamed/otherwise released content episodes go to specials, right?

rev.pragon

Postby rev.pragon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:57 am

yeah that descision had to make another one...
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Postby ByteShare » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:45 pm

rev.pragon wrote:yeah that descision had to make another one...

Seeing as the official site:
http://www.oreimo-anime.com/1st/story/index.html
http://www.oreimo-anime.com/story/index.html
List them as part of the series and ANN also does:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycl ... 12&page=25

I'd say the specials should be moved to S1 like S2's.
The episodes weren't disc only since they were also online, kind of like when Netflix picks up a show and starts airing only online these days.

Seeing as Maretoh locked it though I'll PM to get some feedback.