Clean up "Maya the Bee (2012)"

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
tekman

Clean up "Maya the Bee (2012)"

Postby tekman » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:49 pm

I renamed my Maya collection using TVDB and it did not correspond well to the content.
http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=266275&lid=7

The show consist of one season and 78 episodes so season 0, 2 and 3 can be removed.

This posting suggest the original aired order but does not have all the episodes.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16654

I have found that ABC has the episode listed so it correspond to my collection recorded from SVT:
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/maya-the-bee/

I have sent an email to the creators and asked if they can provide an official list.
I am up for doing some work using any order that is complete and the only one I have found are the list at ABC.

huisje

Re: Clean up "Maya the Bee (2012)"

Postby huisje » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:23 am

Hi,
Based on this thread:
http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=16654

The correct air order would come from Belgian TV, in Dutch (thetvdb language id 13). I have verified/adjusted all Dutch (lid=13) titles to correspond with the air order on the Belgian TV channel.
I based the ordering on:
  • A fanpage that has consistent good information for shows by Studio 100 (like Maya the Bee): http://www.studio100fan.eu/encyclopedie/Afleveringen_van_Maya_de_Bij_3D. This page however only has the first 38 episodes of season 1 at this time.
  • The episode listing of a Belgian TV broadcast company for this show. This company is Telenet and their episode guide is found on http://yelotv.be. I checked the order of the first 38 episodes with the source above and they all matched. I then used this source to update the rest of the titles upto episode 78 of season 1.

Note that the episodes 1-38 were already entered correctly (part by myself and part by others). Episodes 70-78 were also already there. I mostly filled in the blanks in between. The titles that were already entered by other people for lid=13, also corresponded with the list I was using as source.

Therefore I now think we have a correct list of episodes names and order for Dutch (lid=13). Since it first aired here, I think the other languages should be translated based on that original air order.
Check here for the show in Dutch:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=266275&lid=13

Some cleanup suggestions:
  • Also, I have no idea what season 2 or 3 are doing there, but I do not believe those actually exist and can be removed.
  • There is also no episode 0 (added twice), 126, 130 or 500 in season 1 of this show.
  • Episode 28 is added twice. I believe id=4517725 should be removed

tekman

Postby tekman » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:27 pm

huisje wrote:Therefore I now think we have a correct list of episodes names and order for Dutch (lid=13). Since it first aired here, I think the other languages should be translated based on that original air order.
Check here for the show in Dutch:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=266275&lid=13
Great. It creates more job since the original national air order does not seem to correspond to the international aired order but it's a complete season.
Admin, can you please unlock the first season again so we can correct the titles in other languages.
Admin, can you change the showname in Swedish to "Biet Maya"? Swedish television has changed their mind. http://www.svtplay.se/biet-maya

The last episode 78 "A Surprise for Maya" is missing. Is "Een verrassing voor Maya" the correct dutch title?
I will start with correcting the English and Swedish titles based on my (and Googles) understanding of Dutch.

DaniMB
Site Moderator

Postby DaniMB » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:25 pm

Hell, no. 78 is not missing, it is already moved into its proper spot, and the other episodes will be too, when I calm down.

I will go through them one-by-one, as I don't need a translator for English, German, French, Italian, and most slavic languages. My Spanish is so-so, but usually enough to get to the core meaning. I only need to translate Dutch & Swedish entries to match them up.

And I'll do it, by using the (so far) only complete listing from fernsehserien.de, done by literate guys, copying all descriptions verbatim from co-financer ZDF (KiKa is part of them), who already funded the original German-Japanese co-production. They now funded and aired the new series too.

I certainly won't let anyone mess the listing up another time. ZDF is co-producer/co-financer and aired the episodes persistently. If you don't like it... I don't care, we do the same thing on "Taxi Brooklyn" (as French series), "Crossing Lines" (as French/US series), "Welcome to Sweden" (as Swedish series) and a whole bunch more of co-produced series.

So when I'm finished matching up... you'll get a chance to check the (mostly) Dutch titles, and let me know to what episodes they belong – you can then try-match with complete German, English and French listings, as well as some Italian and Slovenian listings (still incomplete). S3 is almost complete, S2 should be complete soon, and then I'll handle the cluster-fracked S1. Stay tuned...

huisje

Postby huisje » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:12 am

Thanks DaniMB, for the help.
Referencing your "when I calm down"; I'm sorry of I had a part in upsetting you in any way, this was certainly not my intent.

As far as liking this solution (not that you care ;-)): sounds great. For most shows there's an air order in English that is then easily translated regardless of the air order in the other language. But for this show it was not consistent by far between the languages.
I personally liked tekman's idea to use ABC's air order for English just as much and go from there, but since this show was produced by Studio 100 Animation (a Belgian company) and first aired on Belgian TV (in Dutch), I thought using that air order was the way to go.

So now we'll wait till the show is ordered into the ZDF air order and then translate it? I'm surprised the show suddenly has 3 seasons though, but it'll work just as well this way.
Also FYI: the Dutch titles aren't translations, I got them (for the most part) from the title that is shown in the actual episodes.

Again, thank you for helping to sort this out.

huisje

Postby huisje » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:24 am

P.S.: I think "Vic the Viking": http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=272521 is in a similar situation. It's also produced by Studio 100 in association with ZDF and some Australian company and it looks like there is a similar mixup with the episode naming/order as with Maya the Bee (2012).

Bee Jay

Postby Bee Jay » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:08 am

Yelo TV is a service to watch TV shows you missed on TV.

In Belgium Maya is aired on VTM Kzoom and the order of Yelo TV is the correct one.

I was busy with fixing the order for Belgium/Dutch as they were re-airing.

Today episode and 40 and 41 are airing.

huisje

Postby huisje » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:54 am

Bee Jay, that's the approach I was using, but DaniMB decided we were going with the ZDF ordering (in 3 seasons) and translate from there. The episodes as they were/are named (and numbered) in Dutch (lid=13) are already as on YeloTV.

DaniMB
Site Moderator

Postby DaniMB » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:36 am

Season 3 is complete in English, German & French. In Dutch I only managed to match 8/26, for the rest I need a correctly matched up list.

Season 2 is also complete in English & German. Still need to complete two French match-ups, most other languages (Italian, Slovenski, Spanish) are matched-up, if they were available. Didn't start with the Dutch titles.

A few Swedish entries need to be added/corrected too.

Season 1 is still mostly a complete clusterf... as there are up to 14 entries, that I often have to split up into 2 or 3 entries before I can rejoin them correctly.

DaniMB
Site Moderator

Postby DaniMB » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:33 am

Mostly finished... at least all English & German titles now match. Most French titles & descriptions should match too, but I'm pretty sure I missed one episode. Let me know, when you find the mis-matched episode.

1x17 Philibert needs most descriptions & titles added back. Post them in this thread please.

Many episodes will need new episode images: in most cases they don't match the cleaned episodes anymore. And in other cases the 4:3 images should be replaced with 16:9 images.

Most old entries are currently "stored" in Season 0 (Specials), if you need to retrieve episode images. I'll delete them in a few days. The rest (matched-up listings in Dutch and Swedish) is now up to you, post them when you're ready.