Digimon: Digital Monsters

Slashin8r

Digimon: Digital Monsters

Postby Slashin8r » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:42 pm

The entire series uses the original titles until episode 17 of season 5. The rest of the show uses the dub titles.

Season 5

Knightmare
Site Moderator

Re: Digimon: Digital Monsters

Postby Knightmare » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:43 pm

What exactly is your request? If you are saying we should switch the dub titles to the original titles, that would be wrong. If you want us to update the original titles to the dub titles (Dub titles I assume are the official titles from the English version which is what is suppose to be in the English field when available) we could do that but we would need a official source.

Slashin8r

Postby Slashin8r » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:07 pm

I said my original post backwards. The entire show uses dub titles until the end which uses original translated titles.

I'm just wondering if the preference is to use the original translated title or the english dub title. I've seen both get used in multiple shows so I'm a bit confused as to what the standard is.

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:09 pm

Here's the ordering of how they should be, from most to least preferable:

1. The official English titles, unless the original language titles were already in English (this is rare though).
2. Fan translated titles from a trusted source.
3. Phonetic Romaji titles if no other titles are available.
4. No titles. If none of the above are possible or verifiable they should be left blank.

Slashin8r

Postby Slashin8r » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:22 pm

Thank you for the priority list. It is exactly what I was looking for.