Unlocking Rick and Morty Specials at the season level

mfgreth

Unlocking Rick and Morty Specials at the season level

Postby mfgreth » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:34 pm

The specials section is now behind, but cannot be edited due to the fact it is locked on Rick and Morty.

The three items I contest should be added are The Rick and Morty Action Figure Short, The Rick and Morty Simpsons Couch Gag, and the Carl's Jr. and Hardee's short.

While it can be argued that argued by some these don't qualify, by the board's own rules on what constitutes a special, they do in fact qualify:
Allowed: Aired or official streamed special content (such as webisodes), pilots, unaired episodes. (including OVAs/ONAs/omakes/side stories/re-tellings/recap episodes (if unnumbered or numbered with a decimal such as 4.5)/etc for anime)

Both of these videos were uploaded to the official [adult swim] Youtube as Rick and Morty webisode shorts, and therefore certainly qualify more than an SDCC panel, which IS included. The action figure short, at any rate, doesn't even qualify as a commercial because the product isn't real, so it's just a web short for the series.

Let me know how we feel about this. Thanks!

Disgust

Re: Unlocking Rick and Morty Specials at the season level

Postby Disgust » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:33 am

Agreed. And half of the specials that are already in there are examples of precursory animated work containing characters "Doc & Mharti" that don't really have much to do with the show other than being the basis for what eventually became Rick & Morty. If those "specials" are in, then work containing the ACTUAL characters should be in as well.
Disgust

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:19 am

(Sorry for the late reply, it's a busy time of year)

Have you or has anyone ever before asked us to add these, or is that the point of this minor rant?

You could have literally made the same post without first requesting an unlock (which we won't do) and second comparing these to items you don't believe belong. The latter here was unnecessary in it's current form and could have been handled within its own request. We haven't specifically excluded the requested items, it's just that I don't think anyone has asked. The claim that items exist here that do not belong may very well be THE reason it's locked, and it's possible one of our mods hasn't gotten to sorting it out. My familiarity with the series is just above 0, so I have no problem adding items, but further research will be required before removing anything. Are the 3 listed the only thing that needs added, or are there more? Thanks. :)

annomatik

Postby annomatik » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:43 am

Well... Currently, the Specials only contain the "SDCC 2013 Panel". But there's of course a

- SDCC 2014 Panel and a
- SDCC 2015 Panel with an extra
- Dan Harmon / Justin Roiland / Ryan Ridley Interview, also at the SDCC 2015.

as well. Then there's

- 107 Rick and Morty Facts you Should Know,
- NYCC 2013 and
- NYCC 2014 (couldn't find a NYCC 2015 one)

Also, a couple of standalone music videos from Adult Swim:

- Tiny Rick Song
- Moonmen Music Video
- Summer & Tinkles Song
- Get Schwitfy
- X Gon Give It To Ya

ZeppelinDude93

Postby ZeppelinDude93 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:05 am

Just wanted to jump in on this - there are a few other entires that might be applicable for the show:

Doc & Mharti #3 - 2006 Channy Awards
Rick and Morty Protoypes (3 Episodes)
Writing Process Special Clips (Planet of the Gerbils, Raising Gazorpazorp, Something Ricked This Way Comes, Writer's Room)
ATX TV Festival Panel
Rick and Morty Season 2 Premiere Party Featuring Chaos Chaos

There's also a bunch of storyboards, animatics, promos and deleted scenes, but I don't think they are applicable for the "Specials" category