Good Witch

cjcox

Good Witch

Postby cjcox » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:22 am

Not really sure how to post this. I know the list from Hallmark doesn't match thetvdb doesn't match the DVD (season 1) etc.

But since there is a "DVD Order" button, and I didn't take meticulous records of "correct" incomplete episode info.... thought I'd list the episode numbering on the official Season 1 DVD...

For me thetvdb info is only useful after the fact for associating things... so I could care less about the history, I just want to have Plex know about all the episodes. Sorry if that is offensive.

From the Season 1 official Hallmark DVD:

Disc 1
1. Starting Over... Again
2. Apologies and Remembrances
3. Running Scared
4. Do the Right Thing
5. All in the Family

Disc 2
6. The Truth About Lies
7. The Storm
8. Together We Stand...
9. Homecoming
10. True Colors

So... obvioulsy very different from the tvdb which seems to reflect a capture from Hallmark's website and not necessarily accurate airings of episodes... but here's the DVD info... would love for it to be the info in thetvdb just so Plex match ups work.

This also matches the official Hallmark episode naming and ordering through purchased seasons through Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Good-Witch-Seaso ... entries*=0

Sigh, I know you don't like "sources" of this stuff apart from whatever you deem to be a true "source", but thought I'd submit this anyway.

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Re: Good Witch

Postby hikaricore » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:40 am

Way to come across like a complete dick. Some say it simply can't be done in one attempt, but you sir nailed it.

Photos of the DVD inserts showing episode order will be sufficient.
Post those here and we'll get the DVD ordering added to the DVD order fields.
Try to keep your opinions and intolerable disdain to yourself, and we'll make it through this together.

The aired order, of course, will remain the same.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:02 am

There's a reason why Wikipedia and IMdb are low on the list.
WP:V is paramount around here, and self-sourced synthesis ain't it.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

cjcox

Postby cjcox » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:53 pm

There is no insert or listing on the back of the DVD set.

Here's another source just in case: http://epguides.com/GoodWitch/

Sorry, don't mean to be a "dick", just trying to follow the rules with regards to producing sources, etc.

What I like about this one is that it includes air dates, for more complete info.

If theses sources are not good enough feel free to suggest what good sources might be.

Not trying to offend, just trying to make sure thetvdb has the best data.

cjcox

Postby cjcox » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Maybe an "ok" source for the DVD: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-goo ... 1/28959111

I'm ok if this isn't good enough.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:49 pm

Quite odd, it looks like there are two double-length episodes (Starting Over... Again, Together We Stand...) that were split for the DVD release. I think I've mentioned this possibility before; did we ever reach a concrete resolution for handling these?

cjcox

Postby cjcox » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:45 am

Double episodes certainly explains the difference. I just went ahead and created my own custom metadata for my Plex server. I know that thetvdb isn't a "for Plex" thing...but maybe if more info somehow was available in the thetvdb metadata, decisions about "double episodes" and the such could be determined. Right now, you would never know looking at thetvdb that some episodes were twice as long as other (for example).

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:10 am

I'm not against there being some sort of "different length" option for episode entries.
I'm also not versed enough in SQL to understand the shitstorm that would cause.

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:58 am

We can't currently make there be more episodes for a disc release, than exist in the aired ordering. It's just not possible. The Bible and Lost Room are two examples. Thee new site will allow for alternative orderings and hopefully put and end to this issue.

EricJilot

Postby EricJilot » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:15 am

The problem is that The TVDB considers episodes that are aired as back to back as one episode instead of the two they are. Which really should be rectified since it happens often.