Fields for intro end and credit stop times.

Request a website or interface feature.
octalmage

Fields for intro end and credit stop times.

Postby octalmage » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:18 pm

I'd love to write an addon for Kodi that skips the opening intro, and ending credits for shows. Netflix does this and it's great for binge watching. The only way to truely do this is to have the time stamps for the credits for every show. It would have to be a community effort and this seems like a great place for it.

Thoughts?

Coco
Site Admin

Re: Fields for intro end and credit stop times.

Postby Coco » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:26 pm

We've considered adding support for musical time codes. You could use that to list opening and closing credits as well as any times a song plays to see it's information. The big problem is timecodes aren't very uniform, the same episode from a different source can have different start and end times. In some cases it can be even more extreme and have run lengths vary by over a minute. Some shows have actually incrased/decreased play speeds of individual episodes by up to 5% depending on who airs it.

The sub community deals with it by releasing subs specifically for an exact release but it causes a big mess for moderation and since we don't track which release a user might have so we can't viably break it down by release. It's still likely something we'll try in the future but not until after we get the new site launched.
Please don't PM me. Post in the forums instead unless there is a very good reason for a PM or I won't respond.

Lucki

Re: Fields for intro end and credit stop times.

Postby Lucki » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:15 am

I'm adding a note here, that this could also be useful to optionally skip the closing credits when they're tagged. I've made a feature request for this over at the Next Up Notification service for Kodi.

Looking forward to this.

Return to “Feature Requests”