Scaling Series poster to season poster

Request a website or interface feature.
nortok00

Scaling Series poster to season poster

Postby nortok00 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Hello all,

Preface:
1. Apologies if this has been asked (point me in the right direction if it has).
2. This might be a lame question.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but why aren't the specifications for the Series poster and the Season poster scalable 1:1. I created a Season poster at the required 680x1000 specification. I wanted to reuse it for one of the season posters (just changing it to add the season #) but when I scale the width to from 680 to 400 (season posters being 400x578) I get 400x588 which means I have to continually crop by 10px.

I just assumed the specifications would be such that these would scale up and down without having to crop. I've been working with images a loooong time but maybe it's possible I'm doing something wrong? Or am I reading old spec pages? If I'm neither doing something wrong nor am I reading wrong spec pages can the season poster specifications be changed to 400x588 (or is this not possible for other reasons)? Or can I upload 400x588?

Thanks.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Re: Scaling Series poster to season poster

Postby Imzadi » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:22 am

You are right, but the current site specifications won't be changed.

nortok00

Postby nortok00 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:44 am

Imzadi wrote:You are right, but the current site specifications won't be changed.

Okee dokee. Thanks for the speedy reply. :-) I'm glad to know I wasn't going crazy but am bummed (kind of) to know we have to continue to crop/adjust because of this difference.

Coco
Site Admin

Postby Coco » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:08 pm

It likely will be changed with our new site. The problem is series posters are newer and when we added them we went with the standard that people wanted. The plan was to change season posters to be the same size but it causes issues changing the existing format. They will likely be unified with the new site however.
Please don't PM me. Post in the forums instead unless there is a very good reason for a PM or I won't respond.

nortok00

Postby nortok00 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:23 pm

Coco wrote:It likely will be changed with our new site. The problem is series posters are newer and when we added them we went with the standard that people wanted. The plan was to change season posters to be the same size but it causes issues changing the existing format. They will likely be unified with the new site however.

AWESOME!!! Thanks for this. I have hope once again :-D

BTW: If you need help with the new site (scaling pictures, content uploads or whatever) I would be happy to help! Feel free to msg me. The importance of sites like this can't be stressed enough!

Return to “Feature Requests”