Extras Non Aired

Request a website or interface feature.
macshanemike

Extras Non Aired

Postby macshanemike » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Can we add an extras area for things like DVD Extras and sometimes things like trailers and other such media that was not aired on TV. I like having specials for aired episodes however a lot of TV shows like releasing bloopers, audio files and other such media that TVDB does not currently support. I use plex and a lot of the the extras I have I cannot use unless the TVDB Supports the feature. I use TVDB For all my media matches and I cannot think of a more organized media platform.

This would be awesome and also not have it be locked allowing even for ended shows for the community to put in the information that they have collected also from DVDs audio etc

Coco
Site Admin

Re: Extras Non Aired

Postby Coco » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:50 pm

We most likely won't do this. At least not any time soon. We tried allowing it once in specials but it was a huge mess. As there is no order to it people were constantly fighting about the proper way to enter it. Which resulted in it constantly being changed to match individual peoples libraries which meant it was useless to everyone. The only way we could do it currently is if we locked it down for only mods to enter and that's too time consuming.

We might revisit the idea in the future if we ever implement series specific mods. For now it's an unlikely addition even though I agree it would be nice to have the information.
Please don't PM me. Post in the forums instead unless there is a very good reason for a PM or I won't respond.

macshanemike

Postby macshanemike » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:14 pm

What is the easiest way to add extras at this stage without making my media a complete mess? I would add it into my specials folder however if shows bring out a new special then it throws out the complete order of the media and ending up with double ups. having extras added without having information allows for people with extras to make up their own order in things like plex without it becoming a complete mess for your site

Coco
Site Admin

Postby Coco » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Right now, the best way is to make up your own order and put it in your specials. Just start with a high number so you never conflict with the site specials. Like episode 500. You can use NFO's locally to sort them into their correct positions.
Please don't PM me. Post in the forums instead unless there is a very good reason for a PM or I won't respond.

macshanemike

Postby macshanemike » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Ok I am happy to do that but would prefer the extras option. When would you likely add the extras function?

Coco
Site Admin

Postby Coco » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:26 pm

As I already said in my first post. We aren't. It could happen in the future after major site changes but it's not currently planned at all.

macshanemike

Postby macshanemike » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:33 am

Thanks for your help I hope you add the feature sooner rather than later. You can close this thread as you have solved it for me

Return to “Feature Requests”