Episode Deletion - Harald Schmidt Show etc.

yasuo

Episode Deletion - Harald Schmidt Show etc.

Postby yasuo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi,

First of all I made a few mistakes when adding new episodes, could you please correct it? :oops:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=80716&seasonid=36084&lid=14
  • Episode 2x20 (Best Of) should be moved to the Specials 0x02 (like the Season 1 Best-Of). I created it in the wrong season.
  • I was a bit too quick and accidentally added an additional episode (renamed it to episode 999), please delete it.

In addition the following series got a bit messed up (I would say):

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=80591&lid=14
  • Seasons 2-4 are actually Seasons 4-6
  • The years 2006 and 2007 were missing completely (in between) and many episodes were missing, so I added them
  • The missing years were added as seasons 5 and 6
  • Could you please bring those seasons into the right order? 2,3,4,5,6 to 5,6,2,3,4 (see the "first aired dates")
  • One episode picture should be moved too (if possible): Current 4 x 15 (2011-06-02) -> to current 3 x 19 (2010-11-18) ... this episode needed to be moved to follow the "one season per year"-pattern (see below), and I just copied the data over (instead of notifying you :oops: )
  • See the following resources as reference (hopefully complete episode guides):
  • http://www.schmidt-news.com/showguides/harald-schmidt/staffel_04_2009-2010/
  • http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439925/episodes?year=2009

Note that seasons are split a bit differently here than on the linked sites, all (similar) shows seem to be split by year on TheTVDB vs. split by summer break e.g. at IMDB, so I continued to apply the TVDB pattern. In this course I had to move 4 episodes around, but some dates were missing in between anyways so I hope it's fine this way.

yasuo

Re: Episode Deletion - Harald Schmidt Show etc.

Postby yasuo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm

If we take the seasons from the first reference link (which should be a complete list) the following changes should be applied:
  • Season 1 (2005): Keep unchanged
  • Season 2 (2006): Current season 5 (just move)
  • Season 3 (2007): Current season 6 (just move)
  • Season 4 (2008-2009): Current 2x01 - 3x12 (til summer break)
  • Season 5 (2009-2010): Current 3x13 - 4x15

I see that a similar pattern was applied here ... the last edits from me are mostly added information, not added episodes.

Opposed to this series where seasons were split by years ... I added most of the data here, nearly all episodes already existed in this order so I kept it as is, even though it doesn't reflect most resources where seasons are split at the summer breaks. PS: This series should actually be renamed to "Die Harald Schmidt Show" ... other series with the same name are just follow-up series aired in later years.

Additional Topic:
There also seams to be some additional confusion here, most likely because of the whole "same name" issue which is conditioned by the fact that the series was 'relaunched' multiple times on different TV channels. This series contains a partial episode list from This series. We should resolve this issue (and take the info from the latter series because it's currently more complete). I see two options here:
  1. Remove 262204
  2. Or move the whole Season 3 from 251928 to 262204 (overwriting the existing records)

Both options may be viable. A reason for splitting it up would be, that the series stayed practically the same this time but is now aired on the Pay TV channel "Sky" (until May 2012 it was aired on "Sat 1"). An additional reason for merging the series (deleting the partial one) would be that IMDB made no such distinction ... it's one series.

Sorry for all the confusion, I try to bring some structure in this chaos and add the missing data ... but it may not be perfect since there is no 100% valid resource. schmidt-news.com seams to be the most complete though ... but I might be wrong.

Thanks in advance.