Donna Leon Specials Delete Request

warchief

Donna Leon Specials Delete Request

Postby warchief » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:20 am

Hi there,
please delete the specials section of the german crime tv show Donna Leon: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=101211&lid=14.
Since episode 15 it's just one regular episode each year. i'm in the process of adding/correcting/updating the series informations in german/english.
So please delete the confusing specials section. thx in advance.
regards

mhurwood

Re: Donna Leon Specials Delete Request

Postby mhurwood » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi Warchief,

Did you bother to do *any* searching of the forums before jumping in, demanding changes, and getting the work of others deleted?

Look here: http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14885

Yes, this series is a mess... yes, it needs to be cleaned up, but *how* it gets cleaned up is still under discussion.

You want all the specials deleted, but then state that there's only one episode a year now - that sounds a lot like specials to me! A single episode does not a series/season make. And you've now gone and stuck two episodes into each series, with screening dates in different years, which is just stupid. How can a series of a show, with only two episodes in that series, possibly take two years to screen? (Except *maybe* if one episode is at the end of December and the next at the start of January?)

Cheers,

Michael

mhurwood

Postby mhurwood » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:08 am

Oh, and thanks for blanking out everything in the Specials before demanding they be removed, so nobody can judge whether you were doing the right thing or not, or potentially move the data around before deleting it. English may be your second language, so I'll just point out I'm being sarcastic here.

(Yes, I'm grumpy. You would be too if somebody just came along and stomped all over the work you were doing.)

Michael

warchief

Postby warchief » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:46 am

Hi mhurwood. sorry for destroing your work. wasn't my intention and it was a bit hasty to blank the specials. my bad. but the donna leon show is in fact a mess, especially with special episodes. I wanted to update it properly.
Yes I'm german. it's a german show so give me a leap of faith here that I'm willing to edit this show like it is supposed to be. the german broadcaster ARD/Das Erste airs only one new epsiode each year since episode 15 but releases two new episodes on dvd, so I decided to keep the 2 episodes format for a season and obviously there is no special episode. I will update english/german informations properly but nothing is made in stone here but I thinks it's now better than it was before.

warchief

Postby warchief » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:31 am

So there are in fact only 3 options here:

1. Consider a season to have 2 epsidoes each season like in the dvd releases Like here and like I edited it.
2. Putting all episodes into one season since the series is based on the books.
3. Like the IMDB season entrys. imdb is respecting the original airing schedules

But what can't be are the special episodes

mhurwood

Postby mhurwood » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:17 pm

G'day again,

Referring to your options:

1) Don't like it, because it's too focused on DVD releases, which can change, and is not what TheTVDB is about anyway (with the exception of the "DVD Order" field, but you're not proposing to use that.)

2) Has it's merits, since even when two episodes were screened in the same year, they were often weeks apart.

3) The IMDB entry is a mess too, so I wouldn't rely on it for anything. Don't forget that it's just schlubs like you and me that enter a lot of the data into IMDB too - it's not some mystical repository of all wisdom.

I don't know what the chances are of a moderator coming along to cast their vote on this though...

Cheers,

Michael

warchief

Postby warchief » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:21 pm

well i guess since option 1 and 2 could be achieved by absolute and dvd order fields option 3 would be the best choice now. what's important is that there is some kind of consistency in it. well i hope too that some admin eventually shows up...