Apprentice vs Celebrity Apprentice

nobrumski

Apprentice vs Celebrity Apprentice

Postby nobrumski » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:12 pm

It looks like The Apprentice was partially cleaned up based off this thread. http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12934&p=50167

The original Celebrity Apprentice was renamed to All-Star Celebrity Apprentice. This should probably just be an alias because I would guess this is just for this season. http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=97641&lid=7. Also if we are going to follow the NBC episode guide this is actually season 6 not season 13. Seasons 11 and 12 are empty so should be deleted.Season 10 is season 5 per NBC.com.

Of course I don't know how you want to handle the fact from season 7 on in The Apprentice is all Celebrity Apprentice which also means NBC can't count since this would make the current season 7 of Celebrity Apprentice.

I am starting to realize why TVRage treats it as one series.

yoda

Re: Apprentice vs Celebrity Apprentice

Postby yoda » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:11 pm

It should just be one show. It's the same stupid guy, with the same stupid hair, yelling the same stupid things at somewhat stupider people. This site boasts XML API access and all that nonsense, so it should get it right. Scene releases of episodes consider it all one show, and this latest episode broke Sickbeard compatibility.

In reference to the original thread, why on Earth would you go to the NBC website to learn something about television? Isn't that like grilling Tim Tebow for tips and tricks on how to be an NFL quarterback?

Change it back to one show please.

techrat06

Postby techrat06 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:39 pm

yoda wrote:In reference to the original thread, why on Earth would you go to the NBC website to learn something about television?

You go to NBC because they produce and air the original episodes and therefore are the official source.

techrat06

Postby techrat06 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:17 am

Two notes as this is considered, both quotes from Donald Trump in episode 1 of the season:
1) First line (00:20) "Celebrity Apprentice is back..."
2) (06:14) "This is our 13th season..."
time location are as closes as I could get them. The second quote does conflict with what NBC has on their episode guide.

yoda

Postby yoda » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:23 am

I think treating Celebrity Apprentice (and All-Star Celebrity Apprentice for that matter) as a show alias makes the most sense, because logically that's what it is. Tonight's episode Trump did reiterate "This is our 13th season, we've had a tremendous run. We continue to do unbelievably well. People love this show. OK? I don't even like to call it a show. It's beyond a show." Might be being a little pedantic here, but he does use the singular "show" in addition to talking about the 13th season. I imagine everyone involved in production considers it a single show.

I think where NBC.com, and NBC in general is going with their take is that they're simply trying to re-brand it somewhat. The Apprentice was a big hit that quickly faded... and it was all but done for before they gave a celebrity cast a try. So NBC goes heavy on the "Celebrity Apprentice" branding so that people know at all times it's a season of the show they'll be interested in. Separating them on their website just makes it so people don't have to sift through the seasons with nobodies that they don't care about while they are trying to find the has-beens, B-listers, and Penn Jillette they've come to know and love.

edmccann

Postby edmccann » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:35 pm

It looks like there's still confusion with "The Apprentice" and "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice", because all the episodes of Celebrity Apprentice are in The Apprentice.

The Apprentice Season 7 - same as Celebrity Apprentice Season 7.
The Apprentice Season 9 - same as Celebrity Apprentice Season 8.
The Apprentice Season 11 - same as Celebrity Apprentice Season 9.
The Apprentice Season 12 - same as Celebrity Apprentice Season 10.
The Apprentice Season 13 - same as Celebrity Apprentice Season 13.

If they are 2 shows, the Celebrity Apprentice episodes should be removed from The Apprentice and the rest of the episodes moved around to make up for that. If they should be 1 show, Celebrity Apprentice should be deleted.

Olinelooo

Postby Olinelooo » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:57 am

This is our 13th season, we've had a tremendous run. We continue to do unbelievably well. People love this show. OK? I don't even like to call it a show. It's beyond a show." Might be being a little pedantic here, but he does use the singular "show" in addition to talking about the 13th season. I imagine everyone involved in production considers it a single show.????