Adventure Time S08

PatrikSelin

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:21 am

Adventure Time S08
Episodes 16 to 28

User "Pluto412" has deleted the release dates and descriptions of those episodes. Is it possible to return the data back?
Lys

Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:12 pm

Wow, what a mess.
Those episodes were determined to belong in Season 9 based on Cartoon Network's listings under "Full Episodes":
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/adv ... index.html

So that person readded the episodes in Season 8, didn't even move all the data and blanked Season 9 aside from one episode's title. Great!
Sometimes a network will air and sort episodes differently than production intended but TVDB will typically go with the network's order.
Lys

Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:43 pm

I've restored the data in Season 9 so if we're still going by Cartoon Network's season ordering, can we get episodes 15+ removed in Season 8 and perhaps a lock for that season?
I'm not sure if the summaries I found are the most recent ones we had but it's something.
jason28

Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:50 pm

It looks like the Season 9 in videos is gone from Cartoon Networks site right now.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/adv ... index.html

All I see there is Season 8. Also I don't know how much I would count on them to keep track of this stuff. They have a bunch of the episodes mixed up and episodes in different seasons then they should be. Cartoon Network site has no idea whats going on most of the time with the numbering of their series.

Going on past seasons episode count of Adventure Time I would say that those episodes most likely belong in Season 8. Also see posts like this: https://www.theverge.com/2016/9/29/1310 ... ing-finale - They mention that the last season is Season 9. I would think that Cartoon Network would have some sort of promo saying that this is the last season of the show.
Lys

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Cartoon Network's listings have proven to be iffy both now and in the past but they do still have the episodes labelled as "Season 9" if you click "Full Episodes".

Adam Muto (co-executive producer) has this Q&A on his ask.fm:
Is the July 17-21 week of Adventure Time the last of season 8
Yes. The official season divisions seem to have moved around but when we made those episodes we approached them as the end of Season 8.
So Cartoon Network's seasonal divisions seem to be differing from what was intended, but even that isn't too specific.
TheLongShort

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:53 pm

Cartoon network messing with season ordering again? Oh, yay!

Why is cartoonnetwork.com even still trusted? We have been through this exact thing before.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=29800

A relevant bit from that thread on page 7.
DarklightIndigo wrote:I don't know that I'd outright ban them, as they're not just tossing up whatever fits their streaming schedule (as Adult Swim did, hence why they're delisted), but they're certainly not putting more effort into correcting the record than History at this point.

I'd place them below TVguide, but above user-sourced Wikis and IMdb, for the time being.
Which if TVguide really is considered a better source then cartoonnetwork.com then episode 1-9 on season 9 should still be 15-23 on season 8.
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/adventur ... es/304498/
Lys

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:40 pm

In that thread, the episodes were placed into Season 7 to follow the Season 7 listing on Cartoon Network's page while ignoring the "Full Episodes" page. In this case, the only place we have those episodes is on the "Full Episodes" page where they're labelled as Season 9.

TVGuide hasn't been updating their listing with the latest episodes aside from linking to Amazon where the newest episodes are considered Season 11.

Overall just seems to be a bunch of confusion wherever you look and I'd much rather use what we can from CN if all our source options are going to be odd.
QuillOmega0

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:59 am

Look it, we've been over this so many times. Cartoon Network's listings for Adventure Time episodes is not only inaccurate, but completely and utterly broken. It is ridiculous to trust it.

TV Guide is representative of the current airing order and season by season is year per year, being we're still in the same year as Season 8, and only up to episode 23, then all of Season 9 should be moved back to Season 8.
Lys

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:46 pm

QuillOmega0 wrote:TV Guide is representative of the current airing order and season by season is year per year, being we're still in the same year as Season 8, and only up to episode 23, then all of Season 9 should be moved back to Season 8.
As I included in an earlier post, Adam Muto said that the episodes up to July 21 were created with the intention to be in Season 8 but the official season divisions seem to have been moved around. That would mean season 9 has already been airing as far as Cartoon Network is concerned.

If the network actually aired these episodes as season 9, that would make their listing correct despite the website being an absolute nightmare. What we have now is definitely wrong if we went by production order, but that's not what is used here. TVGuide has been a mess for some of the previous seasons and is still missing the July episodes, it's not exactly immune to being a problematic source too.

Moving around episodes multiple times is more of a problem than having episodes sorted into a season some may not agree with but I'll leave this one up to you guys. I'm just getting repetitive. :P
Lys

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Oops, forgot to add this in as well:
https://twitter.com/JackPendarvis/statu ... 6043725825

Cartoon Network is great at confusing people but we're definitely in season 9 by now.