LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures

Finally, a forum dedicated to minimizing duplicate series entries!
Forum rules
Duplicates - Users may merge duplicates themselves. Copy data and images to the LOWEST ID of the duplicate. Add links and your request will be done really really quickly
designbot

LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures

Postby designbot » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:57 pm

The new series LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures was incorrectly listed as Season 5 of LEGO Star Wars.

I have created a separate database entry for this new series:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=313757&lid=7

I attempted to delete season 5 from the old listing, but I wasn't able to complete the job:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 5041&lid=7

wayned42

Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures

Postby wayned42 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:00 am

Note that you should let the moderators move episodes instead of trying to move them yourself. I put the English data back in place in season 5 (since I had a listing of what data went with what ID). I did not restore the IMDB values, since they duplicate the values in the new episodes you created.

While I agree with you that The Freemaker Adventures should be a separate show (as should Droid Tales), folks around here don't seem to see it that way. Perhaps someone would like to have a discussion about that?

designbot

Postby designbot » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:36 am

Who do we need to convince?

It's listed as season 1 of a new show in every other source. The press release calls it "an all-new animated television series scheduled to debut this summer on Disney XD."

http://www.starwars.com/news/lego-star- ... his-summer

jmoney1217

Postby jmoney1217 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:32 pm

New to this forum and the TVDB (aside from my services that natively use it)... How can I +1 this? SchedulesDirect serves this info as a separate title which confused MythTV, Kodi, and other scripts I have that do lookups...

Thanks,
Jared

Sithlord82

Postby Sithlord82 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Agreed! This should be a separate entity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Wo9KMY26Y

Posted by the OFFICIAL Star Wars account. A trailer for Season TWO. Not for Season 6 or 7 but for Season 2. This is conclusive official proof that The Freemaker Adventures (and by attachment things like Yoda Chronicles, Droid Tales) are all separate series.

http://www.starwars.com/news/lego-star- ... his-summer

Season 2 announcement on the OFFICIAL Star Wars website. This is more proof of this fact and is from official production sources. Please rectify this and stop lumping all LEGO series together. Mods have refused to do it without official proof. This has now been provided.

wayned42

Postby wayned42 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:15 pm

Agreed. For the most part this site is very adamant about getting the episode data right, so it is weird that this clumping of shows continues to persist without someone stepping up to fix it. I've been checking into themoviedb (they have a tv section), which has all these shows properly separated.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Fri May 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Can we get an administrative position on this, please?
I'm only staying away because I've been reverted on both positions now.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

Sithlord82

Postby Sithlord82 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:28 pm

wayned42 wrote:Agreed. For the most part this site is very adamant about getting the episode data right, so it is weird that this clumping of shows continues to persist without someone stepping up to fix it. I've been checking into themoviedb (they have a tv section), which has all these shows properly separated.

I updated the moviedb ones to use for my plex setup is why. The shows were already separate so I filled in all the missing data. Will be doing Season 0 of the freemaker adventures today.

Sithlord82

Postby Sithlord82 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:31 pm

DarklightIndigo wrote:Can we get an administrative position on this, please?
I'm only staying away because I've been reverted on both positions now.

Hopefully it should be relatively easy to decide with Disney and Star Wars both calling it Season 2 making it quite clear these are all separate shows. Yoda Chronicles was marketed as a separate show. Droid Tales marketed and released as separate. The resistance rises ones were shorts. Could be its own show or could be specials of the main one or even season 2 of the main one. The other three should all be separate per Disney and Lucasfilm's marketing and statements so far.

Conclusive proof provided with Freemaker Adventures at least though. I'm sure the rest can be tracked down.

Sithlord82

Postby Sithlord82 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:36 pm

@darklightindigo any update on an admin position??