Series aired on National Geographic Channel

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
steve1977
Former Moderator

Series aired on National Geographic Channel

Postby steve1977 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:13 pm

Friends of the world of the National Geographic Channel,

Would like to open this thread to create a bit of transparency on all shows aired on National Geographic Channel and Nat Geo WILD. Intention is to create transparency what is complete and what is currently being worked on (and by whom). Manekinko has been the most active and most knowledgeable in this area and I am more of the new kid on the block. We hope to find more volunteers who can help to make it less messy.

There are basically two different type of series:

1) Shows without series or season affiliation (instead of seasons, we use years; these are definitely the most difficult ones to take care of)
National Geographic Documentaries - "clean", but requires continuous work; owner: manekinko; viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5779
Explorer - "clean", but requires continuous work; owner: manekinko
Earth Investigated aka Naked Science - "clean"; owner: steve1977
Wild - clean-up in progress; owner: furby

2) "Traditional" series
A) Clean-up completed
Air Crash Investigation - Mayday
Banged up abroad
Drugs, Inc.
Egypt Unwrapped aka Secrets of Egypt
Great Migrations
Inside
Mystery Files
Rise of the Third Reich
Ultimate Factories aka MegaFactories
War Machines
When Rome Ruled
World's Deadliest

B) Clean-up in progress
History's Secrets aka History's Conspiracies, manekinko?
I, Predator aka iPredator, manekinko?
MegaStructures aka Break it down, MegaBreakdown, steve1977
National Geographic: Nature Untamed, manekinko?

C) Clean-up pending (very limited dates or art)
Blowdown
Finding Genghis
Islands
Mysterious Science
National Geographic - Lockdown
Predator CSI
The Animal Extractors
The Truth Behind
Tools of the Trade
World's Toughest Fixes

D) Clean-up pending (very poor condition, needs significant work)
Expedition Wild
Giant Animal Moves
Invaders
Mega Breakdown
Monster Fish
Most amazing photos
Nat Geo Amazing!
National Geographic Investigates
National Geographic Trapped
Party like...
Secret Access (2011)
Shark Men
Tiger Man
Witness: Disaster
World's Deadliest Animals
Last edited by steve1977 on Sat May 05, 2012 12:13 am, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: linkified

sevimo

Re: Series aired on National Geographic Channel

Postby sevimo » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:47 am

This is great - thanks to everyone who contributed!

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Made links out of these as I had a spare moment.

Are these megastructures duplicates http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=85138 http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=80625 I nearly deleted one today unwittingly.

Also, sure I could take some of these on :)
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

steve1977
Former Moderator

Postby steve1977 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:47 pm

furby wrote:Are these megastructures duplicates http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=85138 http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=80625 I nearly deleted one today unwittingly.

Have some things to do today, but will take of them soon. Not sure whether they are duplicates, but will do some research.

furby wrote:Also, sure I could take some of these on :)

If I may voice a preference, what about WILD? From what I see, this is basically the equivalent of "National Geographic Documentaries" (i.e., episodes aird on WILD that are not part of a specific series?). There are a bunch of them out and would be great if there was some clean-up. Also, there is a separate thread somewhere in this forum, where I am pointing a few episodes that would need to be added.

"Mystery Files" or others may be easier / faster though. Just let me know. Hope to find a few more volunteers. Also, art work "creators" would be much appreciated as many of the shows currently do not have posters and fanart. Thanks!

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:20 pm

steve1977 wrote:If I may voice a preference, what about WILD? From what I see, this is basically the equivalent of "National Geographic Documentaries" (i.e., episodes aird on WILD that are not part of a specific series?). There are a bunch of them out and would be great if there was some clean-up. Also, there is a separate thread somewhere in this forum, where I am pointing a few episodes that would need to be added.

"Mystery Files" or others may be easier / faster though. Just let me know. Hope to find a few more volunteers. Also, art work "creators" would be much appreciated as many of the shows currently do not have posters and fanart. Thanks!

I did Mystery files. Just the season banners left to add :)

I'm spending some time on the Channel4 documentaties but after that I'll take on WILD. I feel like it will require a lot of my attention :S
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

steve1977
Former Moderator

Postby steve1977 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:07 pm

furby wrote:I did Mystery files. Just the season banners left to add :)

This is great, thanks! I will adjust the initial posting. Just noticed one thing - there may also be a duplicate. Do you want to take a look at http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=167031&lid=7 and http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=256259&lid=7. One can go?

furby wrote:I'm spending some time on the Channel4 documentaties but after that I'll take on WILD. I feel like it will require a lot of my attention :S

Yup, it does. Most work, but also most reward ;-)

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 am

Yep. We keep the lowest ID so I'll delete "The Mystery Files".

Indeed, it's great to look at theses big jobs when they're done.

manekineko
Goddess of Documentaries

Postby manekineko » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:02 pm

Thanks guys! So sorry I haven't been able to contribute much recently. Currently I'm the last one standing out of three running our IT department at work...
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views."
-- Doctor Who, The Face of Evil

steve1977
Former Moderator

Postby steve1977 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Finally, had the chance to clean up "Earth Investigated". That has been a tough one, but finally all done!!!

I will continue later today with cleaning up "Megastructures", which is yet another beast to tackle.

Any update on "Wild", "History's Secrets" or others?

Also, anyone else besides manekinko, furby and myself interested to pick up one or two of the series above?

Last thought: just realized that I didn't mark "Inside" as one of the series "under-repair". Is that actually its own series and how would you judge its current status?

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:29 am

[quote="steve1977"]
Any update on "Wild"?/quote]
I've got a spreadsheet for the series but it's filling up very slowly. Finding the only way to be accurate is to look back at the Nat Geo schedule, which actually goes back quite a long way, but of course you can't search it. That would be far too easy :roll: It'll take a while before this is done.