National Geographic Documentaries

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
djhifi

Re: National Geographic Documentaries

Postby djhifi » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:14 am

Many episodes missing from the db

Anoter one to get inserted:

Easter Island Eclipse
airdate: 01/02/2011 (season 2011?)

Quote:

"Watch the rarest celestial occurrence, a total eclipse, as it happens above Easter Island -- one of the most mysterious and remote archaeological sites in the world -- broadcasting just hours after it occurs. The last time an eclipse occurred over the island site was A.D. 591. Follow scientists as they gather new research that could play a key role in the race to understand the sun and its extraordinary impact on Earth. "

PS: Mind the Portuguese subtitle.

djhifi

Postby djhifi » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:44 pm

Hello??

Does anyone from the moderation team reads this, or is this a dead and pointless topic to something that was perma-locked and stiff as a brick ?

What do I need to add more other than: airdate, pic, quote?

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Postby DarklightIndigo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:04 am

Where are your sources, man?

NatGeo is locked, AFAIK, because people kept adding rebroadcast documentaries as if they were new.
Not that the network is doing anything to prevent that.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

djhifi

Postby djhifi » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:25 am

My sources?? Print screen from the TV Broadcast is not enough?

Ofc my sources are natgeo site for quotings and google.com skills for airdates.

With less info i've seen eps get added.

I do not contest the fact the seasons are locked, what I ask is why with such data provided by me, the given ep's did not get added to the respective years ?

And in this case all of the eps don't even exist on the db. So I don't get your point at all.

This is the kind of attitude that makes people add things randomly after some time of ignore mode by your behalf.

With so much info provided you even ask what are my sources? Are you aware that this is the most info people sometimes provide? Yet again: I've seen on this same thread, ep's getting added with much less information. I even provided screens from original broadcast from nat geo.

If I was an asshole, I would not have all this work and would simply get the entries opened in season 2014 just to get my ep's scanned and f*ck you all. But no, I had a lot of work gathering things together...and now I get ignore mode and when replied to...arrogance. Dunno why?

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Postby DarklightIndigo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:08 pm

...and you just talked yourself onto my ignore list.
Good going.

In case you're curious:
NatGeo has a habit of re-airing existing documentaries under new titles, which has landed them in the same status as DSC when it comes to "new" documentaries. I've personally never touched the series, because I know exceptions are made, and that I'm not always privy to the rationale.

All you've done here is guarantee that it's worth neither my time nor effort to bother with this "series".

djhifi

Postby djhifi » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Well....it takes nothing to be in your ignore list then.

How convenient in this case (more than 8 eps to be added)....

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Postby DarklightIndigo » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:10 am

Oh yes, it's quite convenient to be required to research the series ourselves because one individual refuses to help by doing that for us. Indeed.

djhifi

Postby djhifi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:42 pm

Can't you see that for each individual EP i've presented the required air-date, quote and even print screen ?
Can't tou see that there are no "series" ? Those are individual EPs

I don't know why you are still arguing about that and the re-broadcasts when all that i've presented is prior to 2013!!!

Of course those are ORIGINAL airdates. Everything is not listed on the DB

Explain that!
Don't know whats bugging you.

Allow me to add the eps to the specific years!! I don't even ask that you do it for me...

With this kind of attitude all you do is force people to add everything in 2014 season...

PS: I say again, with less info on this thread, I've seen ep's get added...

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Postby DarklightIndigo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:34 am

...and that was quite some time ago, when we didn't crack down on one-off documentaries. What you're doing right now is thumbing your nose at an authority who already told you what you needed to provide, simply because you think your way is correct. While it's not necessarily incorrect, you've stated your intent to add these documentaries even if they've previously aired, and - so help me gods - if I see you or anyone else engaging in this behavior, I will personally remove those episodes and lock the seasons affected.

You have two options now: provide some sources, or kindly leave. I don't have a nicer way of stating the rule that you consistently ignore, and this is the last time I'll mince words with you.

djhifi

Postby djhifi » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:33 pm

Which sources more do you need?

I already told you that airing date comes from nat geo itself. Quotes come from translation from Portuguese to English or merely English on google itself. And well...print screen shall come for something that actually outputs images.

What sources more do you need?

Given the episodes are NOT on the database of this site, and I sent 3 dif. informations needed (again: airdate, pic, quote)

even if they've previously aired
?? This is a lie or an invention from yourself. I've never said that.

So thetvdb won't list all episodes, they will be left dead FOREVER, even when people present 3 infos for each EP, merely because....well, because what? LOL

PS: Can't you understand that it could've been me who ripped the first air-date of the ep's and post the screen here?

Geez

Cheers