National Geographic Documentaries

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
Atlantis14

Re: National Geographic Documentaries

Postby Atlantis14 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:05 pm

I think they should be deleted because they are not a one episode documentary.

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:29 pm

I don't disagree, but we're not going to play this whole "he said / she said" on reverts. Nobody wins.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

adprom

Postby adprom » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:58 am

Banged Up Abroad is clearly incorrect.

TVRage has a very different listing to what is there which agrees with the original listing that I remember. I do not know where the current listing here is on. http://www.tvrage.com/Banged_Up_Abroad/episode_list/1

Would be appreciated if someone could clean up ;)

Even though Wiki is less preferred, it has a more complete episode description.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banged_Up_Abroad

rlh3

Postby rlh3 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:26 am

I hope that this is the correct place for this, if not please move it.

I would like to add an episode to the 2003 season of National Geographic Documentaries.

Title: "Inside Special Forces"
Originally Aired 2003/11/05
Description: A report on the Army's Special Forces, also known as the Green Berets, follows its Operation Detachment Alpha 574 unit on a mission in Iraq. The hour also traces the history of the Special Forces (it was founded in 1961), and recalls its successes and failures in Vietnam, Iran and Afghanistan.

I do not have an episode number. Perhaps someone with stronger google-fu will have better luck in finding one.

Thanks,

rlh3

Sources:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0397069/?ref_=ttep_ep4
http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.a ... id=3978717

djhifi

Postby djhifi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:54 pm

I have 2 ep's to be inserted which are missing.

"Jesus Revealed" and "JFK: The Lost Bullet".

Jesus Revealed
airdate: 24/12/2010 (season 2010?)

Quote:

"He is the son of Mary and Joseph. Founder of a great religion, and for millions, the son of God. Jesus, the most famous man in the world. 2000 years after his death, there are still many questions to be asked about his birth, his life and crucifixion.
---------------------

JFK: The Lost Bullet
airdate: 06/12/2011 (season 2011?)

Quote:

"On 22nd November, 1963, Americans and the world froze, by knowing that President Kennedy had been murdered in Dallas. What started as a routine visit on his agenda, ended in tragedy, with
one of the most famous murders in the recent history."

PS: Don't mind the Portuguese Hard-Coded subs :P

djhifi

Postby djhifi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:43 pm

I have another episode to be added which seems to be missing (you shouldn't have locked all the season IMHO):

Kangaroo Kaos
airdate: 21/01/2011 (season 2011?)

Quote:

"Australia's national mascot has a dark side. The adorable icon that emblazons countless currency, flags and souvenirs may look like a benign being as it reclines in the wild, waiting for unsuspecting tourists to take its picture, but beneath the surface it's a different story. Kangaroos are changing - they are coming to town, and they are causing chaos."

PS: Don't mind the Portuguese Hard-Coded subs :P

djhifi

Postby djhifi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:05 pm

Yet another episode which is not on the database:

The Truth Behind Zombies
airdate: 22/04/2012 (season 2012?)

Quote:

"National Geographic The Truth Behind Zombies: The Truth Behind Zombies explores the origin of zombies, their religious roots and whether mutated virus strains could cause devastation of zombie proportions. With commentary from zombie enthusiasts and cult experts, virologists and mathematical epidemiologists, this unique show separates the truths from the fiction that surrounds one of popular cultures most tangible monsters. "

PS: Yet again, mind the Portuguese subtitles.

PS2: How do you guys let so many ep's escape and even LOCK the seasons?
That's plain dumb IMO!

djhifi

Postby djhifi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:20 pm

Another missing episode:

X-Prize Cars: Accelerating The Future
airdate (unknown day/month) BUT: 2010 for sure.

Quote:

"At stake is USD$10 million in prize money and the opportunity to revolutionise the auto industry. But the X-Prize is not just about inventing new auto technology. The competition is designed as a catalyst for innovation that can change people's minds about what is possible. Over 100 teams from around the world descend on the Michigan International Speedway to compete in a series of rigorous trials to determine which vehicle's design and implementation is the biggest game changer. Here, every method from hybrid, compressed air, electric, ethanol, gas and even urea powered cars has a chance to win a ten million dollar prize. The main criterion is that each car reaches or exceeds 100 MPGe [100 Miles per Gallon or Energy Equivalent]. The goal and legacy of the competition: an efficiency monitor for cars."

PS: Mind the Portuguese subtitles.

djhifi

Postby djhifi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Yep you'r right...one more episode missing:

9/11 And The American Dream
airdate: 11/11/2011 (season 2011?)

Quote:

"Through candid, heart-breaking stories of survivors and family members from all over the world who lost loved ones that day, 9/11 and The American Dream reveals that, despite the magnitude of this tragedy, belief in the American dream still persists."

PS: Mind the Portuguese subtitles.