All Mythbuster related queries look here first

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
lillhubbe

Re: All Mythbuster related queries look here first

Postby lillhubbe » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:43 am

Hello there's loads of specials mixed in with the normal Episodes and some missing atleast in the early seasons. example Season 2 have 16 Episodes + Wievers choice/christmas special.

Internetter

Postby Internetter » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:55 pm

Well there are new mythbusters on TV and there is new episodes mess. Someone started season 2018 whilst we just started with 2017. I removed the episodes from 2018 and added them to 2017. Can an admin please remove season 2018 ?

NMe

Postby NMe » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:35 am

Internetter wrote:Well there are new mythbusters on TV and there is new episodes mess. Someone started season 2018 whilst we just started with 2017. I removed the episodes from 2018 and added them to 2017. Can an admin please remove season 2018 ?

....and here we go, the situation I warned against when the admins decided to go for years as season numbers.

And as things are, you just destroyed a correct episode list. If you have to delete episodes (which neither you nor I have rights to do, and for good reason) you should always ask on the forums instead of just mangle the show...

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:47 am

How is this complicated? What year is it? USE THAT.
Christ, I wish I could not be pissed off all the time, but crack abuse is just too rampant these days.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

Internetter

Postby Internetter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:59 am

DarklightIndigo wrote:How is this complicated? What year is it? USE THAT.
Christ, I wish I could not be pissed off all the time, but crack abuse is just too rampant these days.

Well, sorry apparently I made a wrong judgement call, I presumed that a season that started in 2017 would continue its numbering also when episodes aired in 2018. This until a new season started in 2018. This seems not to be the case.

But to abuse someone of crack usage who does his own little thing with art and series around this database is a little bit over the edge and does not motivate at all.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:36 pm

Yeah, sorry about that, I'm a bit cranky when I don't sleep, you deserve better than that.
Still, I figured you of all people knew to not nuke listings from high orbit, so I was more than a little irritated.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

Internetter

Postby Internetter » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:22 am

DarklightIndigo wrote:Yeah, sorry about that, I'm a bit cranky when I don't sleep, you deserve better than that.
Still, I figured you of all people knew to not nuke listings from high orbit, so I was more than a little irritated.

Thanks ! takes a good man to say that. And yes, you are right I was to eager to "set things straight" I will stay in my normal in lower orbit. Wont happen again !

broknsymetry

Postby broknsymetry » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:46 pm

The OFFICIAL MythBusters website on Discovery.com lists all seasons by number NOT years, the current season being 20. Should not theTVDB respect the official listing scheme?

https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/

Internetter

Postby Internetter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:12 am

broknsymetry wrote:The OFFICIAL MythBusters website on Discovery.com lists all seasons by number NOT years, the current season being 20. Should not theTVDB respect the official listing scheme?

https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/

Long discussion, basically this series was a broadcast mess, so the tvdb admins had to find a solution. Just read the entire discussion you are replying to. Decisions were made and sorted by year it is !