All Mythbuster related queries look here first

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
furby
Site Moderator

Re: All Mythbuster related queries look here first

Postby furby » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:56 am

Done. Is this Discovery list actually up to date and correct now? It doesn't seem believable so I assume not...
http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythb ... isodes.htm
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

genemct

Postby genemct » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:28 am

I just checked the most recent years listed on the site, discovery does not list the zombie episode
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesi ... id=4677129
Which maybe should be a special since it aired after a sizeable gap in season 12, but they do list the breaking bad special, which also aired late.
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesi ... 5924&lid=7

Explosions a to z is not listed, even though it aired in sequence in season 11, but this was a recap type episode, so maybe it should also be a special?
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesi ... 9464&lid=7

So basically, they have no consistency, and its a crap shoot.

Thanks for cleaning up the mess!

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:17 am

Interesting, didn't think it would be complete but looks like they're heading in the right direction.

Thanks for checking, really appreciate it
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

PunkInDrublic

Postby PunkInDrublic » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:09 pm

wayned42 wrote:Looks like PunkInDrublic just added all 7 episodes from season 14 to season 13. How fun. I've turned them into empty episode-0s (so now we have 7 empty episodes to delete from season 13).

So sorry. Didn't realize you'd be getting your panties in a bunch over it.

I also did not realize a 4 month break meant a brand new season, doubly so when Discovery's web site lists them in the same block of episodes. The 2014 season, which if you count the Pilot season, would be the, *gasp*, 13th season. There was a similar 3 month break in the middle of the 2011 season, between "Paper Armor" and "Bikes and Bazookas" and yet that is considered an unbroken season on TheTVDb.

Why are you not using the already very-well organized Wikipedia page? It groups them according to year, as the official Discovery site does, and it makes logical sense where it places the Specials and everything else according to Air Date and Overall Episode No.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:47 pm

You should understand that something is drastically wrong when the site's biggest arsehole takes issue with the way you addressed another contributor.

That said, had you bothered to check these forums before your name came up, you would've seen the twenty-five pages of contentiousness which surrounds this series, not the least of which has been caused by Discovery's indecisiveness regarding how the series aired, and the overabundance of idiots willing to cite information that is attributed to sources that are tertiary, at best.

We don't allow Wikipedia as a primary source EVER, and - quite frankly - your response here is the perfect illustration of why. I well understand that innocent mistakes can be made; however, if any indication of such is going to be met solely with hostility, I wouldn't be surprised were this to be the nicest response you receive.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

shemauer

Postby shemauer » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:06 pm

Currently, all of the seasons are locked, except Season 14. Maybe Season 14 should be done too, since it has finished airing. And to prevent anyone tampering with the episodes, since the organization MythBusters episodes is debated quite a bit. If any changes were needed to be made, then it could be discussed here. But for now, it is probably best to lock Season 14.

Thanks.

genemct

Postby genemct » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:00 pm

Well, someone just added 15 empty episodes for season 15, looks like the whole series needs to be locked.

Thanks!

shemauer

Postby shemauer » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:28 am

First of all, at least Season 14 should be locked since it is now over. But a better idea I think, due to the disagreements in order of episodes, what episodes belong to what season, just overall season numbering, and due to recent vandalism, is that this series should be locked at the series level.

shemauer

Postby shemauer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:21 pm

Once again, season 15 has been created. It would be great if someone could delete this. And lock MythBusters on the series level. Thanks.

DaniMB
Site Moderator

Postby DaniMB » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:30 pm

Not really my turf, but I'll try a new approach; as we can't prevent creation of a new season on an unlocked series (on series level), I simply locked an empty S15. From a Db design & management standpoint, my heart bleeds badly, but it should be a fair warning to all the button-pressing monkeys that create empty episode shells. Next step would than be the complete lockdown...