All Mythbuster related queries look here first

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
delete

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:21 am

NMe

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:01 am

DarklightIndigo wrote:I love it!
"Not paid nearly enough to maintain this; fuck it!"

I can understand why but I do hope someone feels like fixing this. Someone thought it would be a good idea to add the new episodes to season 14 while they were still also present in season 13. And for good measure they also added season 15 with 4 episodes that have no name, which is probably meant to cover for the fact that the scene seems to be releasing these eps as season 15...
wayned42

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:33 am

DarklightIndigo wrote:I can understand why but I do hope someone feels like fixing this.

I'd love to see the data changed to match what amazon and itunes use, which seems to be about as official as we're going to get. They've both just started season 16. To do that we'd obviously need support from the moderators to tweak the past seasons, but if we endure the pain of such a massive change to past shows, maybe the controversy surrounding mythbusters episode numbering would finally die down. (One can hope...)
Atlantis14

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:28 am

This I'm sure was not aired as episode 9
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesi ... 8018&lid=7
could you please remove it?

I saw it few episodes ago but I don't remember when.

Last episode of season 13 is episode 8.
shemauer

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:34 am

Also there are a few blank episodes in season 13 that should be deleted. Also, a season 15 exists with nothing in it. And there is a duplicate banner on season 14.
wayned42

Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Atlantis14 wrote:This I'm sure was not aired as episode 9
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesi ... 8018&lid=7
could you please remove it?
That episode was never officially aired in America, but was apparently a special episode that was aired in Australia. As such, it would probably be best to get it moved into the (locked) specials list (perhaps with a September 17, 2012 broadcast date).
root

Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 pm

It is a new season, as both Discovery, Adam and iTunes say so: https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/m ... d892526625

I can see the Buster Episodes in Season 8 still exists, when they should be specials.
We need to get all those "episode 0" deleted in season 13 and then lock season 13.
Season 15 needs to be deleted, and we are good I believe.

wayned42 wrote:
DarklightIndigo wrote:I can understand why but I do hope someone feels like fixing this.

I'd love to see the data changed to match what amazon and itunes use, which seems to be about as official as we're going to get. They've both just started season 16. To do that we'd obviously need support from the moderators to tweak the past seasons, but if we endure the pain of such a massive change to past shows, maybe the controversy surrounding mythbusters episode numbering would finally die down. (One can hope...)

I suggested that before, but nobody cared :roll:
It's the best solution imo, but admins rarely look at this thread and don't want anything to do with sorting MythBusters :D
wayned42

Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:15 pm

root wrote:I suggested [itunes/amazon numbering] before, but nobody cared :roll:
It's the best solution imo, but admins rarely look at this thread and don't want anything to do with sorting MythBusters :D
I read back through this thread (again) and there is one mention by the site owner that he doesn't want to number things that way, but no explanation as to why it is a bad idea, so not sure why it is considered to be a non-starter (maybe there's an explanation in another thread that I haven't seen).

There was also a prior sentiment to just follow tvrage's numbering, but that seems to have failed after tvrage decided to do a gratuitous renumbering event. Oh well. :cry:
wayned42

Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:51 pm

root wrote:Season 15 needs to be deleted, and we are good I believe.
I wonder what The Powers That Be would think about changing the new season 14 to be season 15 (leaving 14 blank for now) so that we match tvrage for the newest shows? There are a lot of folks apparently expecting the newest episodes to be season 15, and doing a season skip lets us synch up with tvrage without renumbering everyone's old episodes (until such a time as someone wants to venture The Final Great Renumbering). Does that seem too strange? Or a workable compromise for a difficult situation? Thoughts?
hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:01 pm

We're not leaving a blank season between two episode filled seasons just to match TVRage. I can tell you that for certain. As to how this will be handled otherwise... not a clue.