All Mythbuster related queries look here first

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
sstteevvee

All Mythbuster related queries look here first

Postby sstteevvee » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi All,

First post here, so be nice to me if this isn't appropriate, or has already been covered elsewhere (I did do a quick search on the archived forums).

I've noticed that the seasons for Mythbusters on thetvdb are wrong:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 4137&lid=7

They don't agree with what tv.com has, which seems correspond to what you'll find on torrent sites:

http://www.tv.com/mythbusters/show/2283 ... l?season=6

A friend of mine works for the company that does their post-production, and she says:
They are both incorrect. According to our official Ep numbers, this is correct:

Series 1 - Eps 1 - 3 (Pilot eps)
Series 2 - Eps 1 - 13
Series 3 - Eps 14 - 39
Series 4 - Eps 40 - 69
Series 5 - Eps 70 - 100
Series 6 - Eps 101 - 130

So.. I'll let you decide whats right/wrong. Just thought you'd be interested in the "official" word.

Jezz_X

Re: Mythbusters Seasons

Postby Jezz_X » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:58 pm

Yeah this has been discussed many times before and basically it came down to Until the show finishes or someone can prove without a doubt the correct naming order then it stays locked. Because people just kept changing and changing it

emigrating
Site Admin

Postby emigrating » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:05 pm

If this friend of yours could get this information posted on the official Mythbusters website I'm sure we could look into changing it around again - if not, there has been too many "wars" with regards to the Mythbusters already.

I would personally love to see it changed though, as more and more people are now following the numbering you just posted and it seems to fit in well with the files I have received as of late.

sstteevvee

Postby sstteevvee » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:35 pm

Apparently different TV stations air them as different seasons. too. The current episodes are season 5 or 6, depending where in the world you are. The more I search on the web, the more conflicting information I find, too. Even the official mythbusters wiki isn't correct.

I'll post back here if it ever gets onto an official page. For now, I agree with what you say and will avoid starting another war - I realise i'm just a random internetperson who says he knows someone who knows something :)

StormWalkerZa

Postby StormWalkerZa » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:18 am

Source: Discovery Store - Official Mythbusters DVD:
Seasons 1-4: http://shopping.discovery.com/product-7 ... D5BFD9694A
Season 5: http://shopping.discovery.com/product-7 ... D5BFD9694A

Using the above as an official source seeing as they are the once who created the show:

(Using Current thetvdb.com episode numbering)
Season 1: s1e01-s1e13
Season 2: s2e01-s2e11

Season 3: s3e01-s3e15
Season 4: s3e16-s3e19 + s4e01-s4e26
Season 5: s5e01-s5e11 + s6e01-s6e16

The following is assumption:

Season 6: s6e17-s6e18 + s7e1-s7e09

Thoughts? or am i totally wrong ?

Jezz_X

Postby Jezz_X » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:02 am

To be honest I'm past caring what they are as long as it doesn't keep constantly changing like it did for a while back there

sebastianand

Postby sebastianand » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:39 am

Time to unlock this serie. The most official information out there must be www.tv.com

Coco
Site Admin

Postby Coco » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:49 am

No, tv.com is not official at all. There is an official wiki and that lists them completely diffrent than tv.com and we don't follow that since it changes every other month as well.
Please don't PM me. Post in the forums instead unless there is a very good reason for a PM or I won't respond.

emigrating
Site Admin

Postby emigrating » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:29 am

The official wiki seems to have been closed down (October 30 this year).

Having just watched an episode (prior to last I think) they made reference to a previous episode by saying "way back in season 3" as well as showing clips from said episode. Looking thru my collection I found this episode and managed to identify it here on TheTVDB as Season 2, Episode 3.

Clearly this is not season 3 (it's not even in the Season 3 DVD set) so if the show itself can't manage to distinguish between seasons, how the heck are we supposed to?!

I would suggest though, that we renumber to follow the official DVD sets available. Yeah, I know a lot of boxsets are different from how the show was initially aired, but it seems to me it's the closest thing we have to an official guide. Thoughts?

---edit---
Actually forget I said that, as even the official boxsets are FUBARed. The Season 2 boxset is pretty much useless as all episodes in it are also available in the Season 3 boxset (hence the reference to Season 3 in the episode mentioned above I guess). So following that numbering there doesn't appear to be a Season 2 at all :D

I'll do some digging on this and see if I can get an official comment from the production house.

jorgxus

Postby jorgxus » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:42 pm

hey,

I think I have a possible solution for the mythbusters season numbers.
My source is the mythbusters site from discovery: http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/episode/episode-tab-06.html
They divide the episodes based on the year they aired.
So season 1 becomes: Season 2003.

Or: if you count it out, tv.com uses this same system.
Season 1 = 2003
Season 2 = 2004
Season 3 = 2005
Season 4 = 2006
Season 5 = 2007
Season 6 = 2008
Season 7 = 2009

The next episode (scheduled for 4 February 2009) will be the first episode of season 7 = 2009

this is my idea of solving this very complicated problem.

let me know what you think.