BBC Documentaries

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
lopek

Re: BBC Documentaries

Postby lopek » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:50 am

lopek

Postby lopek » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:40 pm

Spider House

Just discovered series has been setup for this single episode. Already listed in 2014 season

lopek

Postby lopek » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:24 am

Scotland and the Klan - added by richdruitt.

Please delete, already listed when premiered in 2016.

BBC

iufgweilgdsao

Postby iufgweilgdsao » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:14 pm

Moved 'After Brexit: The Battle for Europe' to series 'This World'. Episode 18 can be reused.

iufgweilgdsao

Postby iufgweilgdsao » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:54 pm

iufgweilgdsao wrote:Moved 'After Brexit: The Battle for Europe' to series 'This World'. Episode 18 can be reused.

Done it again as readded. Similarly moved 'Russia's Hooligan Army'

iufgweilgdsao

Postby iufgweilgdsao » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:58 pm

'Inside Chernobyl's Mega Tomb', episode 29, duplicate.

hannah_banana22

Postby hannah_banana22 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:18 am

I've found a lot of these episodes have been moved around this year - episodes I've numbered & named appropriately, and a week later they've moved again. I've manually re-numbered a few times but it's getting old - I understand if duplicates need to be deleted etc, but is it policy to then re-number existing episodes? I also get the impression that some of the re-numbering is to put them in chronological order. Just wanted to clarify the policy here?

lopek

Postby lopek » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:25 pm

I just closed all the gaps up yesterday. There were loads of episodes that had been blanked that were in the middle of the listings - I moved them all to the end so that they could be reused with upcoming episodes. When they are left in the middle & get reused it almost always ends up with a duplicate at the end.

The problem lies with the amount of junk that is added - drama, music, pretty much any single episode show the BBC transmits is dumped in here by someone.

To try to keep them in perfect chronological order is a complete nightmare, there are always missed episodes that are added later. Maybe at the end of the year it would be worth a try. What we really need a button to renumber all to chronological, should not be difficult to implement.

manekineko
Goddess of Documentaries

Postby manekineko » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:48 am

Just had an unexpected day off and started mega clean up round 2 up to 2001. There is still some stuff to remove and verify but thanks to the Genome website I could finally make some improvements to the earlier years.
OK, 1986 is now empty, but everything in there belonged in other series or years or had no sources at all. Created two new old shows in the process - The Strange Affair of ... http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=325769&lid=7 and Endgame in Ireland http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=325763

Feels good to be back.

@lopek - at least BBC Documentaries is more civilized than NatGeo -- people add books there...
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views."
-- Doctor Who, The Face of Evil

lopek

Postby lopek » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:48 pm

@manekineko The stuff that people add is nuts.

If there is anything I can do to help shout - I use the info in my own application & could run queries/reports to list episodes in chronological order with renumbering if that's useful (once you've cleaned up & deleted anything wrong).