Justice league action, episodes specials

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
deemur

Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:10 am

Personally think that we should stick with US airings on this one. It's a mess and even though it's clearly airing in the UK well in advance the sources available for UK airings are poor or non-existent. Once the US airings catch up we'll have some more solid sources (eg. tvguide) to rely on.

Difficult to tell what best course of action is at this point though!!!
leethompson

Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:46 pm

DarklightIndigo wrote:Where are they getting these?!?!?
Wonder if it's Australia or somewhere... the frame rate on them is 25.
leethompson

Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:53 pm

Futon Critic updated their information:

12/24/16 (Sa.) 7:30 AM CARTOON (#101) Classic Rock
12/31/16 (Sa.) 7:30 AM CARTOON (#102) Power Outage
1/7/17 (Sa.) 7:30 AM CARTOON (#103) Night of the Bat
1/14/17 (Sa.) 7:30 AM CARTOON (#104) Abate and Switch

Where did all the UK airdates come from @imdb I wonder?

RadioTimes still only shows S01E05 Follow That Space Cab.
Internetter

Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:30 am

IMO The stories of episodes trick or treat, speed demon and Hat Trick which are now following episodes 13,14,15 do not make sense in this order. Trick or treat is a magical, mystery, non traditional halloween episode. Speed demon has a magical "fight the villain" theme with zatanna and the demon and the story just starts in the middle of the action, same with Hat trick again magical with zatanna and the demon and the episode just seems to continue from somewhere. It feels like these two are part of a larger magical multipart story.
shylurkerguy

Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:45 am

Those episodes seem like stand-alone stories that happen to begin mid-mission/mid-action.

Regardless, (as I was told when I first entered these forums) the primary series listing is aired order (which is is a cluster frak for JLAction), with intended order getting hashed out in DVD order https://thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php?title=DVD_Order …which Cartoon Network manages to frak up every now and then as well.
leethompson

Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:40 am

Actually Internetter may be onto something, while the episodes are self-contained, I think there are themed arcs. Given the writing team of the show, they are probably rather constrained with the 11 minute slot so I'm sure we have some "arcs" going on.

The episode airing order so far seems extremely random (perhaps production is late so they're just airing episodes that are completed?) so it'll probably be some time before the correct order is known. (This happened with "Roughnecks: Starship Trooper Chronicles" in 1999, the episode production was greatly behind schedule so the aired order was very much not the intended order. They eventually brought on more CG production companies to try to catch up which they ultimately did.)

I guess we roll with it for now and straighten it out in time. Given that the first season of this show will consist of 52 episodes, it may be awhile.
DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:15 pm

Okay, so what's the earliest known date, and which episode aired on what network on that date? Once we know that, we can establish Aired Order, and use both DVD Order and Absolute Order to hash out intent.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.
leethompson

Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:55 am

Where the early scene releases are coming from?

I realize how unreliable it is but Wikipedia is showing [PL] (Poland) for the first airdate of a number of episodes.
DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:00 pm

If we can substantiate this, there may be precedence for using Poland airdates.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.
shylurkerguy

Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:00 pm

If I'm reading the Wikipedia episode listing correctly (or as correctly as one can without any sources cited for these episodes or dates https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_J ... n_episodes), the Poland air dates probably only add to the confusion of the cluster frak considering that the only Polish episode premieres are for "Speed Demon", "Hat Trick", and "Luthor in Paradise" on Dec.11 with "Rage of the Red Lanterns" and "Freezer Burn" on Dec.18 as of the time stamp of this post.

Which effectively means 3 countries EACH have episodes that have not been televised in either of the other 2 countries as 2016 closes out.

Also, the scene releases for the above episodes are in English while episodes televised on Cartoon Network Poland were likely dubbed in Polish https://cnboompoland.blogspot.ca/2016/1 ... twork.html if Google Chrome translated enough adequately.

Any Justice League Action viewers in Poland reading this thread? If so, can any of these guesses be confirmed?