Shows in need of massive repair

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Re: Shows in need of massive repair

Postby hikaricore » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:40 pm

I hope by now you understand that there are no problems here, at least now with either of the aforementioned series entries. They are 100% accurate as is and thus no assistance on your part is required. Please stop "fixing" things without running them by site moderators first. If any issue you have involves the way plex displays a show, there's a good chance it's not on our end.

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:16 pm

It doesn't help that Plex closed the source for their modifications (effectively also closing the entirety of their source, with only their good word that they haven't violated the GPL provision against TiVo-ization, which is A. inherently unverifiable, B. only restricted by v3, and C. a geopolitical discussion for another day), so even if we had the obligation to fix third-party regressions, are hands are tied from doing so.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:19 pm

I wasn't aware of that... what a clusterfuck. Surprised the XBMC/Kodi team hasn't gone after them, considering Plex was directly forked from the XBMC code ages ago.

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:17 pm

Their explanation boggles the mind, too.
Think the direct opposite of the GNU argument against binary source blobs.
In short, it's about who controls the software you choose to use.

Trustworthy developers are never a constant, and who's to say that one of them - or one of the future contributors - can't or won't hawk GPL software under a fresh coat of paint for a quick buck?

I know I can't speak for everyone, but my personal view is that any donation-based developer that charges a premium for their software ought to tacitly lose their nonprofit status. Don't be a dick and you get to claim 501(c)3 status.
Last edited by DarklightIndigo on Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: : Just learned the difference between the verbs "hawk" and "hock." The More You Know!
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:21 am

No love for plex in this thread, you'll all be over to the darkside one day :D
marina7 wrote:It would be great if you could release I Love Lucy. As you know Plex depends on TVDB and will not retrieve Meta Data when the series is locked. If you need someone to repair it let me know the details and I will do so.

The above statement is not true at all, series have been locked for years with no issues. I know there was some issue with the plex proxy/cache over the last couple of days, perhaps with the switchover to https (educated guess) which are resolved now. Service issues usually shows up on the status page https://status.plex.tv

Straying quite far off topic so post another thread here or preferably on the plex forums and I will take a look.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

marina7

Postby marina7 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:10 pm

Sorry for the long delay in my reply, as well as being a novice on these boards.

You are all quite right that this is not a TVDB problem, and is no longer so. It does help to read the rules before jumping in with both feet, so I will certainly ask before making any changes to the current listings (which are generally excellent by the way).

Thanks.

ACraigo

Postby ACraigo » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Masterpiece Theater:
Poldark (2015)
as well as just about any Masterpiece Theater on PBS never resolves and requires constant supervision/renaming making automatic placement nearly impossible.

PBS is, for all intents and purposes (mostly) useless.

Methanoid

Postby Methanoid » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:33 am

ACraigo wrote:Masterpiece Theater:
Poldark (2015)
as well as just about any Masterpiece Theater on PBS never resolves and requires constant supervision/renaming making automatic placement nearly impossible.

PBS is, for all intents and purposes (mostly) useless.

Well having just looked at that Masterpiece Theater list and its total bollocks. I mean all it consists of is re-shown UK TV branded as MT. IMHO the listing should not be there at all as all the constituent ORIGINAL shows are present as the correct listings already. We don't re-enter Star Trek TOS with a BBC listing just cos it was shown on BBC TV after being shown in USA... but clearly someone thinks its okay to keep a dreck listing! :lol:

Sanntiagou

Postby Sanntiagou » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:04 pm

Please, add this series to the list:

Gran Hotel (Spain) http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=252488&lid=7

This TV Show is constantly appearing with more seasons than it has. This show has 3 seasons and ended in 2013. So please delete the following seasons (4, 5, it even appeared a 99 season) and block the show cause its ended.

Thank you!

Methanoid

Postby Methanoid » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:50 pm

Search. Its a wip cos the seasons mix n match English n Spanish. Maybe you'd like to help rather than moan?