Shows in need of massive repair

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
marina7

Re: Shows in need of massive repair

Postby marina7 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:56 pm

It would be great if you could release I Love Lucy. As you know Plex depends on TVDB and will not retrieve Meta Data when the series is locked. If you need someone to repair it let me know the details and I will do so.

polargeek
The Cat's Ass

Postby polargeek » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:07 pm

marina7 wrote:It would be great if you could release I Love Lucy. As you know Plex depends on TVDB and will not retrieve Meta Data when the series is locked. If you need someone to repair it let me know the details and I will do so.

If that is actually true then that is a Plex problem not a thetvdb problem. Ask them to fix their end, we're not going to remove locks for any 3rd party's configuration issues
All PM's asking for exceptions, rule changes, series unlocks et al will be ignored.

marina7

Postby marina7 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:34 pm

I understand that, but do we want this fixed or not? Leaving it locked down and in disarray doesn't help anyone.

The only problem seems to be that some seasons have specials mixed in with episodes. Like I said, I would be happy to fix these if someone could delete the specials that are mixed in. The rest is just making sure that episodes are in the correct order.

Same problem with season 3 of Call The Midwife.

Thanks.

marina7

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:48 pm

But what exactly do you want fixed? For example "Call the midwife", the special is where it belongs, I don't see anything that needs to be fixed. I locked the specials, as you took it upon yourself to re-number a special to episode 0. Please don't do that again.

This seems to be a problem with Plex, which another user just recently also had. But that's a problem Plex has to deal with, not us.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23827&p=82546#p82546

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:14 pm

Ontopic, why the hell did you post this here as well after I already explained how specials work to you? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23860&p=82642

If you are caught vandalizing any more series on the site to suit your own personal needs, I'll see to it that you get a sitewide ban.

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:32 pm

marina7 wrote:It would be great if you could release I Love Lucy. As you know Plex depends on TVDB and will not retrieve Meta Data when the series is locked. If you need someone to repair it let me know the details and I will do so.

I thought I'd let this slide, but - as a former Plex user myself - the more I look at it, the more bullshit it becomes. Either you've got bad episode names, or Plex has suffered a serious regression; neither is fixed by unlocking the series, and to call your motivations suspect at this time is rather redundant.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

marina7

Postby marina7 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:20 pm

Yup, you are correct as it does seem to be a Plex issue. And yes they do need to get their "stuff" together. Every time they update it fixes one problem and causes another. However that still does not clean-up/repair the problems here.

Since I am a relative newby here, I am still learning this data base, and in no way want to cause further problems. However if I can help, please don't hesitate to ask. I do have some spare time.

Thanks.

marina7

marina7

Postby marina7 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Imzadi, True on the Call The Midwife Episode, and I do apologize as I hit the change before realizing that it is actually Episode 3 of Season 3, and apparently not a true special. I would be happy to make the change with permission, of course.

Thanks.

marina7

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:41 pm

But it is not episode 3 of season 3. Just as the bbc homepage we do not recognize the Christmas specials as part of the regular season, but as special, which are placed after a season or an episode, if needed. Just as we did here.

Plex has obviously a problem with specials, which aired after or before a season/episode. That's not something we need to fix, but Plex. It might be clearer, when you switch to view all episodes:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=255192&lid=7

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:47 pm

I don't mean to come across as overly harsh, it's just been my experience of late that TeamKodi / TeamXBMC has their shit more together when it comes to not causing major regressions. Onscreen keyboard appearance issues just don't compare to breaking an entire scraper, as every S00 Special should only be counted once, and NEVER in the main episodes namespace.

Reviewing All Seasons, as Imzadi stated, should clarify the issue.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.