Shows in need of massive repair

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
djcode
Brony
Brony

Shows in need of massive repair

Postby djcode » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:08 pm

This is a list of shows that need major work to repair. Please feel free to work on these or add new shows to the list.

All these shows are now locked to prevent any more destruction. If you decide to work on one of these series, please post in this thread so that I can mark the show as in progress and unlock it. When you are through, post again and we'll lock it again to prevent anyone from destroying your work.

• Benny Hill Show
    Seriously, two episodes per season? /me swats someones nose with a rolled up newspaper "No!"
  • Good News Week
  • Shin-Chan - Duplicates are Shin Chan and Crayon Shin-Chan - All a real mess.
  • Dora The Explorer - Might not be too bad but does require someones attention.

I have had a couple people ask about this series and once a season numbering style is decided then work can commence.
  • My Little Pony, My Little Pony and Friends, My Little Pony Tales
    Ok, seriously, these have been bad since who knows when. Will fix when free time appears. UPDATE, Fixing this now. I finally have most of these episodes, so I can check titles against title cards. Also, the are all mixed together in random order anyway.

-~~

Completed - Big thanks to all that helped with these, we appreciate the significant effort that went into fixing them.

Looney Tunes (Forum Post)
Dragon Ball (Forum Post)
Someone went through and deleted tons of episodes and recreated them in extra seasons.
Dragon Ball Z
Let's hold off on this until the new site is up.
One Piece (Forum Post)
This show is on hold until the new website is done.

• Lupin III First TV Series
    Needs a good cleanup, merge all episodes into a single season, delete all non-"Part I" episodes, edit title, lather, rinse, repeat. We could combine all three parts into one series, but that could piss off a lot of people leading to more duplicates. And, since they are treated as three separate but related series in Japan we should keep them that way.
    Reference the Japanese Wikipedia page for edits needed.
  • Lupin The Third
    Ok, this series is a mess, hell all the Lupin III series are a mess. This needs to be renamed to Lupin III Part II, the episodes need to be combined into a single season and the entry needs a good cleanup. Lupin III: 2nd Season is a duplicate and should be deleted once it's had anything useful transferred to the original.
  • Lupin The Third - Part 3
    This one's not too bad, but it does need to be brought into line with the other series. Needes title edit to "Lupin III Part III", maybe a little more cleanup.
Modern Marvels
I think people have just been adding "missing" episodes wherever they feel like.
Last edited by djcode on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Reason: How many edits? Over 9000!
All PM's will be ignored unless I'm bored, so stop sending them!

moeru

Re: Shows in need of masive repair

Postby moeru » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:07 am

Series that should be added to the list:

Lupin III
Show is split into 3 series + a duplicate

Show IDs: First series
Second series
Third series
Duplicate

Each series is its own seperated by a couple of years but the duplicate and the Lupin theatrical movies need to be worked out of this and have a more sequential ordering for each series.

Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn!
Show ID

This can be split up into proper seasons as per the same concept as One Piece\Bleach

djcode
Brony
Brony

Postby djcode » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:21 pm

moeru wrote:Lupin III

Added.

Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn!

I'm going to hold off on it since it is correct and once the new site is up we will be able to offer more variety for season breaks.

crash123
Former Moderator

Postby crash123 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:35 am

I see you've got Dragon Ball but Dragon Ball Z too, it is a horrific mess.

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:19 am

Are you sure Benny Hill is wrong? Maybe budgets were tight in those days :D

Could be wrong of course but IMDB and TV.com seem to match up
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:39 am

I'll do Lupin III part III and add some fanart. Is there a reason I can't change the Season title?

edit/Done Part III, just can't change the Series title. Heading through Part II, christ there's a lot to do. 30 down and a mere 125 to go...
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

djcode
Brony
Brony

Postby djcode » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 am

furby wrote:Are you sure Benny Hill is wrong? Maybe budgets were tight in those days :D

Could be wrong of course but IMDB and TV.com seem to match up

There were 5 seasons. IMDB and TV.com are both fan sites and rarely match up with anything except Wikipedia and each other. All three are usually wrong as well.

djcode
Brony
Brony

Postby djcode » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:16 am

furby wrote:I'll do Lupin III part III and add some fanart. Is there a reason I can't change the Season title?

edit/Done Part III, just can't change the Series title. Heading through Part II, christ there's a lot to do. 30 down and a mere 125 to go...

Only mods can change titles, I'll fix it after work. Thanks for the work!

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:37 am

pkellum wrote:There were 5 seasons. IMDB and TV.com are both fan sites and rarely match up with anything except Wikipedia and each other. All three are usually wrong as well.
Ah, ok I'll find something more reliable.

pkellum wrote:Only mods can change titles, I'll fix it after work. Thanks for the work!

You need to give me more power! I would use it mostly for good and only some evil. I get so much from thetvdb it's nice to contribute something back.

djcode
Brony
Brony

Postby djcode » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 pm

furby wrote:I'll do Lupin III part III and add some fanart. Is there a reason I can't change the Season title?

Ok, title changed.