Shows that need to be split according to storyline

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
dd314159
Site Moderator

Re: Shows that need to be split according to storyline

Postby dd314159 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:34 pm

If you haven't gotten around to splitting some of these episodes up yet in series listed above,
I'm willing to tackle them, provided you post details as to how you think they should be done.
for example: 1x1 -> 1x1&1x2 ...through... 1x10 -> 1x19&1x20...etc.
However I am not going to go back in and look to see if these previous requests have been done yet.

i.e. if Dragon Tales isn't split up yet, give me a note here that it is still combined and I'll split the multi-part episodes into their component parts...and preserve any existing episode caps.
ImageImageImage

calcon79

Arthur Locked with Multiple Storylines Per Episode

Postby calcon79 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Is Arthur supposed to have combined episodes? It is locked but the rules are that when a cartoon has multiple story lines that they are entered separately. Is there a reason it is locked this way?

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seri ... 7825&lid=7

All of the seasons are like this and also there are several episodes that have blank overviews but there is no way to add one since the series is locked.

calcon79

Clifford's Puppy Days has multiple story's per episode

Postby calcon79 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:06 am

Clifford's Puppy Days has multiple story lines per episode. Is this intentional. Should I change it? I don't want to keep it like this only to find later someone else has changed it. I have already had this happen before. TV.com seems to be a good source unless there is a better recommendation. Thanks.

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=72661&lid=7

calcon79

Dragon Tales Not Split

Postby calcon79 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:09 am

Dragon Tales is not split up to separate story lines. Should it stay this way?

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=72661&lid=7

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:16 am

Hi Calcon,
Yes to all the above, they should all be split. And all these will be locked once they are completed so no hard work is trashed, sorry if that has happened in the past.

I've unlocked Arthur for you (quite a task there). Sometimes it's easier if we up the numbers of the episodes (+100) and then you can go back and start at Episode 1. Let me know if you want this and thanks for taking these on
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

calcon79

Postby calcon79 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:32 am

Ok cool that works. I will go ahead and start working on them. It might take a little bit of time though. lol What I was planning on doing was copying the info over to a spreadsheet, and then copying it back into the website one by one (over the existing entries since I now have all of the information in my spreadsheet). Or if I find that the info is verbatim from a source I will just utilize that source and start updating in place starting at Episode 1. It will mess the series up for a few days since it is so big. Let me know if that is acceptable.

What would be really cool is if I put it in a text file with a certain format and then it can all be updated at once. But since it is a database that might be pretty difficult lol. The main thing that takes a while is it seems the site is kinda slow so that makes stuff take a little longer. If there is a faster way to do it, I am willing to try.

calcon79

Postby calcon79 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:42 am

I figured I would move this one over here in case someone is already working it. That might be the case since it is half and half right now. Unless someone started it and abandoned it.

The Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About That!

This series is all messed up. There are people adding episodes that are combined and also split up. The numbering is all screwed up as well because of this. How should it get fixed? I could fix it myself but I want to follow the rules. If I fix it what is the best source? I would use TV.com unless there is a better source to use. Sometimes Wikipedia has stuff too but who knows what is accurate.

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seri ... 4571&lid=7

calcon79

Postby calcon79 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:44 am

I can split Angeline Ballerina: The Next Steps Season 2 unless someone is already going to do it. It appears Season 1 is already done.

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=128601&lid=7

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:43 am

Great. Glad you're feeling up to tackling them.
There's no bulk upload tool so yes by hand it is.

The Cat in the Hat- http://www.pbs.org/parents/catinthehat/ ... _desc.html is the list to go with. Keep the dates as they are currently on the site but use this for the episode/seasons order. We can worry about the dates after. They seem to match up mostly with tvguide at a first look. You'd have to double check.

Angeline Ballerina - I think you can do this without my help

Dragon Tales and Clifford, let me know when you want to start them and I'll bump the episodes. Or, you could always add them to so series (1001) or something out of range and I can move them after
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

calcon79

Postby calcon79 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:32 pm

Yeah the out of range episode numbers is a good idea so it doesn't muck with people currently trying to access the metadata and having it change their filenames incorrectly like I had happen with Cat in the Hat. I'll tackle some tonight if i have time but definitely by this weekend I will get started on them. I've seen that PBS lists episodes on their site so I would assume that is a good source as well. Thanks for the link.

Go ahead and add the out of range episodes for Arthur if you can and I'll get started. I can still do it either way. I've done it once already and I just renumbered and added blanks in between, then copied from the existing episode to the new blank entry and renumbered. It took a bit but during the editing the existing data might have been messed up temporarily until i was completed.

I already did this one before I realized this was a big effort. My Friends Tigger and Pooh Season 2

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 1511&lid=7

Maybe someone can check my accuracy. I did the split in place so the order should be the same as it was the begin with. Hope I didn't step on someones work. lol I just noticed Season 2 was not split but Season 1 was. I had already split my episodes only to find Season 2 wasn't split so I corrected it myself. I also added episode descriptions found from TV.com. I do believe there were missing episodes as well (they were blanked out) which I added using TV.com. If there is a better reference, I can use it to check if the numbering and air dates are correct. It wasn't too bad but it took more than two hours so doing Arthur will take a while since it has so many seasons. I'm sure it will go quicker as I go along though. It mainly takes a while because the site seems a bit slow. I figured it was because of accessing the database.