A question and a potential concern about the new support site.

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This forum is now read-only. Support for TheTVDB.com is now available at https://support.thetvdb.com/ We also have a Knowledgebase which includes site rules and tips at https://support.thetvdb.com/kb/
bluesquirrel

Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:02 am

eherberg wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:52 pm
You will need an account on osTicket, yes. Note that you can see your tickets -- not other users.
So you cannot see any tickets except your own? Is that right?? That is crazy.
glennc

Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:20 am

I am sorry but although I like the idea of tickets to get things resolved this change strikes me as a "divide and conquer" exercise.

The whole point of the forum was to see what requests other people had put in and to allow for a discussion if we didn't like a decision made.

With the new approach there is no discussion and you don't even know that anyone else has raised a subject.
Timelife08094

Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:43 am

glennc wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:20 am
I am sorry but although I like the idea of tickets to get things resolved this change strikes me as a "divide and conquer" exercise.

The whole point of the forum was to see what requests other people had put in and to allow for a discussion if we didn't like a decision made.

With the new approach there is no discussion and you don't even know that anyone else has raised a subject.
I couldn't agree more.
We are now totally in the dark.
ChristyEzzell
Site Admin

Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:01 am

Rohan Das wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:36 pm
ChristyEzzell wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:40 am
We've upped the character limit to 75, but the subject line isn't really meant to contain the full context of the issue, so please use it sparingly.
Yeah! 75 would do, 50 was a bit low.

One more thing, TV Shows's First Page don't have "CONTENT RATING" anymore.
Please add that back!
This will be added back eventually, it was removed when we add international content ratings and in the future they will be rolled up on the show and movie pages.