Wrestling / UFC / Sports Allowed?

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
fand0r1982

Fri May 29, 2020 2:24 pm

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/ring-of-honor-wrestling

Ring of Honor Wrestling is missing all episodes since April 3. They are airing weekly, so we are currently missing:

04/10 - Episode 447
04/17 - Episode 448
04/24 - Episode 449
05/01 - Episode 450
05/08 - Episode 451
05/15 - Episode 452
05/22 - Episode 453
05/29 - Episode 454

...and all upcoming episodes, following the same scheme.

Proof: https://www.rohwrestling.com/watch

Could they please be added? Would do it myself, but the show is locked.

Thanks!
swattx
Site Moderator

Sat May 30, 2020 12:14 am

Ring of Honor is missing a lot more episodes than episodes since April 3. Will those episodes be episodes be updated as well?
baddon7

Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:45 pm

I updated Raw Talk from a while back since it is returning. Can someone confirm to make sure that it looks alright? I personally believe the banner from 2 years ago should be removed since its stretched and outdated. Also, I don't know if I organized by Seasons correctly... https://www.thetvdb.com/series/wwe-raw-talk
ASolidBPlus

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:10 am

Hi all, first post here. I've manually cataloged wrestling into my Plex system for many years and just found out recently thetvdb now allows wrestling. I'm really interested in helping properly catalog wrestling into this database.

My one issue with the way wrestling is being catalogued as of now is how the cataloging of Wrestling Events has been done. To me there's no real use-case to list them as Movies instead of TV Shows. You're looking at potentially having thousands of different Wrestling Events catalogued as Movies when they could all appear nested under separate TV Series' per promotion. It's also way more practical for uses with systems such as Plex or Emby, where there is no support for nested collections to properly split between Promotion > Year in a Movie Library. The only way to have that functionality is via using a TV Show Library. It can be argued that Wrestling Events aren't technically a TV Series, but in reality there's a lot of fringe cases that are being treated as such already anyway.

I have scripts in my personal collection to automate the organisation of my wrestling content, I could also very easily make scripts to scrape web data for events and create new TV Episodes as they appear if that's allowed. I'm very happy to help with this, I just really think changes should be considered for the Wrestling Events.
aliveinchrist14

Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:04 pm

ASolidBPlus wrote:
Hi all, first post here. I've manually cataloged wrestling into my Plex system for many years and just found out recently thetvdb now allows wrestling. I'm really interested in helping properly catalog wrestling into this database.

My one issue with the way wrestling is being catalogued as of now is how the cataloging of Wrestling Events has been done. To me there's no real use-case to list them as Movies instead of TV Shows. You're looking at potentially having thousands of different Wrestling Events catalogued as Movies when they could all appear nested under separate TV Series' per promotion. It's also way more practical for uses with systems such as Plex or Emby, where there is no support for nested collections to properly split between Promotion > Year in a Movie Library. The only way to have that functionality is via using a TV Show Library. It can be argued that Wrestling Events aren't technically a TV Series, but in reality there's a lot of fringe cases that are being treated as such already anyway.

I have scripts in my personal collection to automate the organisation of my wrestling content, I could also very easily make scripts to scrape web data for events and create new TV Episodes as they appear if that's allowed. I'm very happy to help with this, I just really think changes should be considered for the Wrestling Events.
Wrestling TV shows for WWE, AEW, TNA Impact, etc are catalogued as series and not movies. The only events under these umbrellas of wrestling promotions catalogued as movies are the PPV events and I really wish they too were catalogued as TV shows instead.
ASolidBPlus

Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:16 am

aliveinchrist14 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:04 pm
ASolidBPlus wrote:

Wrestling TV shows for WWE, AEW, TNA Impact, etc are catalogued as series and not movies. The only events under these umbrellas of wrestling promotions catalogued as movies are the PPV events and I really wish they too were catalogued as TV shows instead.
Yeah I know they are, I said Wrestling Events instead of PPV because it seems like they're going to be doing that for non-televised wrestling events too, like independent shows or japanese wrestling. It's a real awful way of categorising it.
axminster

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:18 pm

Just a heads up, Fyter Fest will be on TNT over two nights. We still don't know if it's gonna count towards the numbering, so we might wait to see what CageMatch will do.

ASolidBPlus

Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:07 am

axminster wrote:
Just a heads up, Fyter Fest will be on TNT over two nights. We still don't know if it's gonna count towards the numbering, so we might wait to see what CageMatch will do.

It's no different to the Bash at the Beach Dynamite Episode, they're just TV Special episodes of Dynamite and should be named as such.
axminster

Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:28 pm

ASolidBPlus wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:07 am
axminster wrote:
It's no different to the Bash at the Beach Dynamite Episode, they're just TV Special episodes of Dynamite and should be named as such.
That's what I'm thinking. I'm just giving a heads up because there was a guy that kept changing Impact episodes because a special episode aired instead of Impact Wrestling. The whole series needed to be locked and I don't want it to happen to Dynamite. At the end of the day, we should just follow CageMatch.
LN_13uLL

Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:56 pm

Can we do the same as impact and put a two wk episode gap as it’s going to be hectic with ppl trying to match it with tmdb. I think that will help resolve a lot of confusion and episode numbering would match up