Wrestling / UFC / Sports Allowed?

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
Lmf

Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:35 am

If you need some moderators for reorganize and update the WWE shows, I could want to do, but it's not my priority. I just want updated shows whatever who doing this.
Lmf

Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:52 am

And for the naming of episodes, I proposal for Raw and Smackdown to name them with Stadium, City and State (like "Madison Square Garden in New York, NY"), for 205 Live, NXT and NXT UK to named them with the Main Event (Like "Main Event: Drew Gulak vs. Tony Nese ect...). And for all PPV, to kept the official names.

Just a doubt fort NXT. It's becoming an 2-hour show in october in place to an 1-hour show, so, for the naming, what is the best ? Conserve "Main Event" ou replace it when it will be a 2-hour show by the Stadium, City, State like Raw et SD ?

In my opinion, it's the best to not reveal the Main Event on the main shows for more suprise.
axminster

Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:52 am

Lmf wrote:And for the naming of episodes, I proposal for Raw and Smackdown to name them with Stadium, City and State (like "Madison Square Garden in New York, NY"), for 205 Live, NXT and NXT UK to named them with the Main Event (Like "Main Event: Drew Gulak vs. Tony Nese ect...). And for all PPV, to kept the official names.

Just a doubt fort NXT. It's becoming an 2-hour show in october in place to an 1-hour show, so, for the naming, what is the best ? Conserve "Main Event" ou replace it when it will be a 2-hour show by the Stadium, City, State like Raw et SD ?

In my opinion, it's the best to not reveal the Main Event on the main shows for more suprise.
I think the best way would be to name them by number. The WWE Network used to do it before the redesign, and Cage Match have them all organized by number. The episodes do have proper titles, we could see on leaked scripts, but it's kept for production only.

As for naming the Main Event of the show, I am strongly against it. This could reveal major spoilers.
Lmf

Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:27 am

Okay, after think about it, it could be the best soluce to have one and only title format for all shows. That's fine for me.
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:25 pm

axminster wrote:I think the best way would be to name them by number. The WWE Network used to do it before the redesign
Would a regular user be able to contribute and maintain this numbering despite it being hidden now?
I bring this up because we have seen many shows on different networks that do create confusion with numbering due to their site redesigns and sometimes reshuffling, inserting reruns or incomplete records.
It should be a really straightforward, almost dumb, method required to find the episode number. Preferably unchanging and incontestable. Usually that's air dates if it comes down to it.
Sorry if this is a bit generic and can all be dismissed (ie WWE is a once a week affair that doesn't do reruns ever) but I figured I'd at least bring it up.
Lmf

Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:45 am

The axminster's method is the best for an easy shows updating. For sample, Raw is aired all mondays since 26 ou 27 years rom #1 to #1372 last monday. Not difficult for a regular user.

An air date + # is the only informations to know. To my opinion, if the shows are updated once and for all in totality, it will be very easy for anyone to continue to maintain updates. And knowing the day of broadcast, the WWE moderator (s) will be able to add the whole season at the beginning of the year, to be modified later in case of unforeseen (very rare thing in the WWE).

Anf to find de #, just look at the number of the previous episode.
swattx
Site Moderator

Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:25 am

Mistywing wrote:
axminster wrote:I think the best way would be to name them by number. The WWE Network used to do it before the redesign
Would a regular user be able to contribute and maintain this numbering despite it being hidden now?
I bring this up because we have seen many shows on different networks that do create confusion with numbering due to their site redesigns and sometimes reshuffling, inserting reruns or incomplete records.
It should be a really straightforward, almost dumb, method required to find the episode number. Preferably unchanging and incontestable. Usually that's air dates if it comes down to it.
Sorry if this is a bit generic and can all be dismissed (ie WWE is a once a week affair that doesn't do reruns ever) but I figured I'd at least bring it up.
Yes, I would be able to update contribute and regularly.
axminster

Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Mistywing wrote:
Once everything is updated on TVDB it's going to be really easy. There's also CageMatch.net, which is the most complete wrestling database on the internet, in case of any doubts about the date/episode number.

One specific episode that comes to mind is the Chris Benoit tribute show (June 25th, 2007), that's been scraped off the WWE Network completely, being replaced by a generic highlight show. The description on the Network says: "Relive the best battles for championship gold from over the past year. From The Undertaker putting his 14-0 WrestleMania Streak on the line to challenge Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship, to John Cena defending the WWE Championship against The Great Khali in a Falls Count Anywhere Match at One Night Stand and more."

As you can see on this link, it was a Benoit highlight show. So I would go for the original broadcast, listing it as a Chris Benoit tribute show. The same would apply for some special episodes like the Draft, Tribute to the Troops, etc.
Lmf

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:11 pm

So are we agree about episodes names for all wwe shows ?

For a normal episode : #1375
For a special episode : #1375 - RAW Anniversary

Plus, a season per year ?
axminster

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:54 pm

Lmf wrote:So are we agree about episodes names for all wwe shows ?

For a normal episode : #1375
For a special episode : #1375 - RAW Anniversary

Plus, a season per year ?
This is perfect, in my opinion: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/wwe-raw/seasons/27

The only thing I really liked was changing the naming to RAW is WAR when they were going by that. It went from episode 200 to 435.