Money Heist / La Casa de Papel Update

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
marshalleq

Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:15 am

Wow check this out. I suppose you'd laugh if I ask if there's a complaints process - I mean seriously, do you guys have a rogue moderator or something? Maybe they just got out on the wrong side of the bed? I think I was pretty nice and polite right? Even with it being volunteers, I honestly expected more.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.ph ... 21#p154321
Imzadi
Site Moderator

Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:50 am

You were re-directed to this thread because everything was already explained here. Instead of posting here you chose to open another topic about it. Why?

The rules for the current site are clear. We do not allow recuts or duplicates. Netflix is no exception.

You are free to watch the show however you want. But arguing the same topic everyday get's tiring when most people don't even bother to search the board before they post.

Were are not changing the series on the current site and we will not allow the addion of a duplicate. That's it.
rev.pragon

Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:52 am

There aren't any missing Episodes. You would know if you would have searched. I've locked it because there's no Need of a Discussion about that. Order will change with the new Site.
and the arrogance of @rev.pragon locking the thread linked below without even giving me a chance to reply. Boy oh boy, my parents taught me better manners than that.

Obviously they didn't taught you how to think...
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.
Equinox
Site Moderator

Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:57 am

marshalleq wrote:Great that there's a solution coming, shame that until then the current policy isn't considering how people need to watch it. I mean, nobody as far as I am aware will ever watch season 3 as season 2, because it isn't season 2. It makes very little sense to me - and the arrogance of @rev.pragon locking the thread linked below without even giving me a chance to reply. Boy oh boy, my parents taught me better manners than that. If he had been prepared to listen, he would have heard he has 6 missing episodes, which is probably the REAL thing people are trying to say, it's just that they realise it's in the wrong order, assume it's that, then get shot down by deaf ears.

My 2c, people are more important than policies and this won't be the last time this happens with the way studios are buying old shows these days - the Expanse is another one I can think of.

Well done for a great site though, just a minor hiccup on a largely flawless journey - hopefully someone can add the missing episodes! :D

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.ph ... 17#p154317
Your topic was locked because you chose to ignore everything Christy so neatly outlined in this existing topic and start a new topic for a discussion that's been had countless times before.
As a Money Heist fan who only watched the Netflix cut of the series, I can truly appreciate your frustration and your desire to see TheTVDB list the seasons as you know them from the Netflix version. However, you need to respect that there is a long-standing policy of honoring the original broadcast and the originating country. Money Heist originated in Spain, where it aired on Spanish network Antena 3, before it got acquired by Netflix for worldwide distribution and became an insanely popular sensation. TheTVDB's listings therefore reflect Season 1 as it was originally produced and aired — consisting of 15 episodes with a runtime of ~70 minutes each. Yes, Netflix later edited and re-cut these episodes into 22 episodes, each approximately 45 minutes in length, and released them in two parts: Part 1 (thirteen episodes) and Part 2 (nine episodes). But the site just doesn't have the functionality right now to support this alternative version of the show.

You're not getting shot down by deaf ears — it's just we've heard the same complaints from many users before you, and you're not saying anything that hasn't already been said. Had you bothered to read what this sticky topic says, you would understand the given situation and that we cannot do anything to accommodate your wishes at this time. But we are working on a solution for this and similar cases, which we hope will be available in the very near future.

As Imzadi and rev.pragon pointed out, there's no use starting a new topic to rehash this issue when we've already done our best to clarify where the site stands on it. It's not going to get you anywhere.
kipek

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:03 pm

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but on new V3 website I noticed someone created a new series called La casa de papel (Netflix), I guess it should be removed.
ChristyEzzell

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:38 pm

Thank you for the heads up. This has been deleted. Appreciate it.
who_dat

Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:48 pm

Hi all,

Can't the show be unlocked so that we can at least update the character list to include the additions of the new season?
rev.pragon

Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:49 pm

The Actors aren´t fully imported right now and Edits aren´t possible. Please wait till this works. I can´t tell you when this will be.
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.
kipek

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:23 am

ChristyEzzell wrote:Thank you for the heads up. This has been deleted. Appreciate it.
Thanks but I believe the duplicate series was restored with rollback, please can you delete it again?
Equinox
Site Moderator

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:54 am

kipek wrote:Thanks but I believe the duplicate series was restored with rollback, please can you delete it again?
Thank you for letting us know. I've deleted it again.